- Eagle, ID
- July 16, 2019
I have been in sales and sales management for over 28 years with both supplier and distributorships, and am currently seeking t make a move and find a new home. I am a strong and collaborative leader that has built and managed successful teams in the adult beverage industry primarily in the National Accounts arena. I have also built and developed relationships across national grocery, mass, drug, and convenience retailers while delivering high return on investment and seek to provide the same return to my future employer. I enjoy being on a team and working in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
Area of Focus was Marketing. Earned 75% of my college expenses through working multiple jobs while in school.
• Primary services are providing insights into successful business solutions for route to market strategies in a multi-tiered system.
• Areas of focus include strategic sales strategies and structural design, contract negotiations, distributor management, category management, and marketing to National Accounts.
• Managed all Safeway Albertsons chain sales for the U.S. for wine and spirits.
• 4 Directors reported to me, along with 8 Strategic Account Managers and 8 Category Managers across the country to manage all 14 divisions.
• Lead contact for Corporate Leadership since the merger.
• Co-Chair of Marketing team, developing new products and POS.
• Developed sales and category management strategy for all divisions and corporate engagement.
Increased profit by 5% while achieving 99% of plan. Responsible for $165 million in revenue.
Responsible for becoming the only supplier to be involved in both wine/spirits category segmentation process.
Increased distribution by 24,000 points of distribution.
• Responsible for all retail Kroger corporate account sales in the U.S. including all divisions for wine and spirits.
• Managed 10 individuals on the vertical team and was the lead contact for Kroger Senior Leadership.
• Implemented national program structure along with becoming lead supplier partner. Increased promotional share by 10%.
Achieved over 101% versus plan all 5 years while increasing profit over 11% each year.
Led the wine category management process for KAB reinvention.
Successfully collaborated with Kroger Corporate on all areas of national promotions and category management
• Responsible for all Western Chain Accounts including Safeway, Albertsons, Target, HEB, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Convenience, Winco, Bevmo, and Military for wine and spirits.
• Managed the Centralized Category Management Team.
• Developed, forecasted, and managed budgets for national and regional sales/marketing programs.
• Conducted semi-annual business reviews with major market distributors.
• Total reports included 31 (3 Directors, 13 Account Managers, 13 Category Managers, 2 Analysts)
• Created and implemented retail-marketing programs (ideas, POS, monitoring).
Increased combined Feature and Display by 2% for all chains.
Successfully led 8 Top to Top engagement meetings.
Increased profit by 9% in 2014.
President, Strategic Accounts 2006 - 2009
• Managed all National Accounts for Spirits across strategic drug, liquor, grocery, mass and club.
• Main accounts include Kroger, Safeway, Albertsons, Wal Mart, Sam’s, Walgreens, Costco, CVS, Target, Total Wine & More, Hy Vee, Delhaize, Publix, Rite Aid, Hy Vee, Meijer.
Achieved over 102% of depletion plan in each fiscal.
Increased distribution of SVEDKA by 200% in 2 years in combined accounts
• Managed Albertson’s sales and category management team.
• Led strategic development initiative for beer, wine, and spirits.
Achieved 98% of depletion plan while increasing distribution by 3%.
• Directed the 13 member IRI team support for Albertsons.
• Led the ACBP process for category management for all consumer goods.
Successfully designed a software interface for Albertsons category managers that was introduced in Nov 2004.
Increased the overall revenue share fund by 10% to over $35mm.
• Led the sales team for all Safeway Divisions.
• Involved in all SCOP processes as Safeway centralized.
Achieved 103% of depletion goal.
• Led the chain account team for Oregon and Southwest Washington.
National Account Manager
• Managed sales and category management for the Safeway Portland Division. Increased sales by 12%.
Division Manager - Dallas, Texas
Senior Chain Manager – Dallas, Texas
Chain Manager – Houston, Texas
Category Manager – Houston, Texas
District Sales Manager – Houston, Texas
District Manager – Houston, Texas
Sales Representative – Houston, Texas
Merchandiser – Houston, Texas
Managed the Downtown Houston, Texas route selling computer supplies to various businesses.