- Anywhere, KY
- September 17, 2020
Director level experienced professional with a demonstrated history of working in the wine and spirits industry. Skilled in Consumer Products, Regional and National Marketing, Trade Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Event Marketing Strategy and the Integration of Sales and Marketing coordination. Strong business development professional with a BA focused in Economics and an MBA from Vanderbilt University.
Teamwork and competing have always been a passion for me, from playing all types of sports growing up, to playing D1 college golf at Vanderbilt.
Open to new opportunities at this time.
Academic All - SEC, Captain of Men's Golf Team
Promoted to lead four brand integration directors and two hybrid integration managers working across the brand portfolio as well as the partnership marketing team to ensure achievement of key sales and marketing results. Participated on budgeting and planning processes as a member of the committee.
• Strengthened the planning process by collaborating with the portfolio execution director to improve the planning tools for the brands / sales teams and the field agency resources, Greenhouse and The Hive.
• Partnered with national account leadership to verify program efficiency.
• Served as a key contributor to portfolio programming management, blitz coordination, and advancing full system opportunities.
• Directed ongoing assessments and enhancements of field organization brand communications encompassing playbook decks, field priority guidelines, other planning documents and KPIs.
• Improved multicultural planning through work with the BID teams and marketing managers.
• Established the sense of team previously branded in silos by aligning the group to the overarching company and department objectives and creating consistent goals and objectives across all brand teams.
• Transformed the partnership marketing team leading to an internal presidential award for the partnership marketing manager by unifying team goals to the broader organization and producing elite work.
Oversaw five field marketing managers embedded within key strategically targeted territories. Assigned as the communication conduit for the Jack Daniel’s marketing team, the field sales organization and as the one point of contact for the newly formed linkage organization. Led the localization and implementation of strategies.
• Liaised with managing directors in sales and national account leadership and acted as a focal point for field sales issues and opportunities, emphasizing superior and relevant written and verbal communications.
• Introduced Jack Daniels (JD) Unaged Rye to the marketplace by leading the US brand team with guidance from the JD global team in an integrated product launch encompassing the selling and marketing materials that plotted the consumer journey from unaged rye all the way through the maturation of the rye product.
• Established a compelling and united message from the JD brand team throughout the field sales organization by establishing leadership with division teams and through direct reports.
Directed six division marketing managers including one overseeing Hispanic Marketing. Served as the voice of the field and brand teams. Launched a new product and a line extension during a marketing restructure.
• Spearheaded the introduction of Jack Daniel's ready to drink (RTD) spirits to the market.
• Key player on the most successful product launch in Brown-Forman history and still significant profit contributor by providing critical assistance on the JD TN Honey launch.
Managed sales for the Texas and Oklahoma brand portfolio including the administration of 1.2 million nine liter cases, $70 million in gross profit, $7 million in local brand building, and $3.5 million in discounting. Collaborated with local marketing teams on resource allocation to hit brand building objectives
• Developed the alliance team with supplier partners and distributor, RNDC.
• Created annual plans to address on and off-premise spending and execution for the general market and for Hispanic specific programming.
• Managed $2.5 million in annual investment funds held within the distributor.
Orchestrated the strategic planning of the brand building process of 19 brands in the ten-state west division. Served as the division marketing director and communications strategist with national brand teams. Managed six direct and two indirect reports.
• Administered nearly $20 million in expenses incorporating all channels of the spirits industry and multiple consumer segments, including $4 million targeted to Hispanic consumers.