- Dallas, Texas
- July 2, 2020
Performance-driven Senior Commercial Executive, with demonstrated expertise building and leading continuous improvement organizations and executing EBIT strategies. Leverage sales, commercial, category, and marketing perspectives to drive product growth across retail and digital route-to-market channels. Dynamic leader and mentor, building high-performance teams. Turn commercial, category, and marketing insights into actionable revenue generating and customer acquisition strategies that inspire loyal brand communities.
Directed a team of 12 field marketing managers driving omnichannel marketing, category development, sales programming, and commercial communication for all retail RTMs in the Americas. Oversaw trade marketing P&L, managing a $77.8M annual brand development fund to deliver a $1.6B annual operating plan.
• Ensured cohesive branding, sales programming, merchandising, messaging, and communication across 118 distributors, 375 organized key account chains, and 113K retailer doors enabling Americas’ sales org to deliver revenue, increase distribution, gain share, and decrease OOS via IRI/Nielsen/MSA data.
• Gained project management experience leading the salesforce CRM build that improved data collection, management, and analysis creating meaningful insights, driving cost efficiencies, and improving ROI.
• Identified need and integration for JUUL CRM and 3PL marketing asset deployment allowing for tracking, ROI, and ordering efficiency – created a $1.6M dollar savings from order accuracy improvement
• Developed $7M+ digital loyalty program to drive consumer engagement and built an ecosystem of transitory purchasers launched globally in 2020.
• Restructured department creating a new 12-person team for AOP cycle planning, retail programs, and commercial communications presenting to executive leadership and gaining operational approval.
• Earned national JUUL award as a top KPI driver out of 950 eligible employees.
Recruited to be Director of Marketing for National Accounts in the Americas with accountability of trade marketing national account P&L. Directly managed a team of seven trade marketing managers for organized retail channels and wholesale partners focused on convenience, small format, dollar, club, and grocery.
• Led a team of 50 vice presidents, senior directors, directors, account managers, category managers, and data analysts to deployment of the retail brand and category strategy.
• Directed deployment of $69.4M annual marketing plan to deliver $1.4B annual operating plan for FY2019.
• Redesigned global tradeshow model to become a revenue center, resulting in $38M in sales revenue.
• Mentored six marketing managers to achieve promotions to director and senior management positions.
Marketing manager for third largest spirits anchor market in the United States. Took global campaigns and customized for Texas market in partnership with supplier regional management.
• Directed a $104.5M annual operating plan at 2% above EBIT FY2018 and led the brand, category, and marketing integration of global campaigns across 230 retail and on-premise employees.
• Built and managed the FY2018 sales goals by brand and SKU collaborating with shared services on inventory demand planning and operations across five warehouses. Improved from 73% to 87% forecast accuracy.
• Created premium scotch category innovation campaign through consumer engagement events and merchandising delivering highest growth and volume in the US at 300+% growth YoY.
• Received Bacardi national award for delivering highest US growth on core brands and scotch.
Recruited to build new retail sales division for convenience, small format, and specialty grocery and defined route-to-market strategy for full Southern Glazer’s portfolio leading a team of 35.
• Top sales division two years in a row for YOY growth in Texas.
• Managed a $32.1M annual operating plan to 3.2% above EBIT and achieving 6% cost reduction.
• Created velocity analysis dashboard which enabled 17% increase in forecast accuracy, from 71% to 83%.