- London, United Kingdom
- October 19, 2019
A Chief Marketing Officer who consistently transforms the sustainable growth of businesses, brands and people. Key in achieving this is his constant ability to identify, and act on, the powerful insights that motivate consumer, customers and colleagues, to positively change their default behaviour. Equally successful working in different industries (Drinks, Personal Products, Media), different roles (Global, Regional, Local), different channels (Digital, Retail, Hospitality, Wholesale) and across all continents. An alumni of Stanford’s Graduate Business School.
STRATEGY/ BRAND BUILDING/ NPD/ COMMUNICATIONS/ DIGITAL MARKETING/ M&A INTEGRATION/ TALENT PIPELINE/
Key achievements include:
- Led Guinness in the UK to its highest growth in 20 years at +8% (vs beer market +2%; vs previous year +3%). Includes winning in 2019: Gold & Bronze Cannes Lions; two Graphite D&AD awards; Facebook Spotlight award
- Growing Diageo Mexico’s market spirits value share from No.2 (at 18%) to No.1 (at 28%) in under 4 years.
- Exceeding his Annual Operating Plan (Sales & Profit) by over 150bps in 10 of the last 12 years, winning market share in all 12 years, across five different roles and three different continents.
Diageo Europe Beer has a £700m Turnover and operates in over 40 markets. As a member of Diageo Europe’s Senior Leadership Team, the task for this role was to create a new future for Diageo Beer where:
- Guinness defies the negative decline afflicting nearly all mainstream beer brands across Europe
- Innovation has successfully extended the portfolio beyond Stout and into Craft Beer, Light Lager & Non-Alc
- The Cross Functional Beer Team is no longer one of the least engaged and lowest performing teams
- Planning & delivery of the annual Beer & Ciders P&L.
- The development & implementation of the Beer 3yr Breakthrough Strategy.
- All European Beer Plans (Consumer, Customer & Innovation).
- Lead a cross-functional beer team of 35 people: growing functional & leadership capabilities
Mexico is Diageo’s 8th largest market with £300m Turnover & 300 employees. Between 2014-2017, Diageo Mexico was consistently Diageo PLC’s best performing market in the world.
- Senior member of the Diageo Mexico Executive Board
- Chair of the Don Julio Global Steering Executive
- Planning & delivery of Diageo Mexico’s Annual P&L.
- Lead the development & implementation of the company’s 5yr Strategy.
- Lead a department of 55 people: growing functional & leadership capabilities.