- Laguna Niguel, California
- May 13, 2020
Skills: Leadership, communication, time management, integrity, self-motivation, decision making, computer (MS office fluent) and conflict resolution
Experience: Sales Manager in the alcohol beverage industry for over 23 years. Managed distributors (both Southern Glazers and Youngs Market Company), brokers, and sales teams with regard to sales and budget negotiation/forecasting, programming, pricing, and inventory management throughout the Western United States. Consistently exceeded company's goals and expectations. Developed excellent relationships with key on and off-premise accounts throughout California.
Goals: To establish a long tern career with a growing and forward thinking organization in the wine and spirits industry
Producer, bottler, importer and marketer of beverage alcohol products: Rebel Yell Bourbon, Everclear, Exotico Tequila, Pearl Vodka, and Arrow.
Responsible for all California sales (On/Off/Chain/Casino/Ecommerce), over 80k cases sold annually, business plans, new distribution, and distributor relationships (Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits).
Sales: Responsibilities include: achieving optimum sales volume, managing, coordinating, and overseeing all sales activity for Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits (distributor), key account relationships (K&L Wines & Spirits, Hi-Time Wine Cellars, Mega Liquor, Mission Liquor, San Manuel Casino, and others) buyer meetings, new distribution, category management, market “blitzes,” in-field training, “work-withs,” and merchandising.
Management: Manage all sales, forecasting, negotiating pricing, quarterly QBR’s, merchandising, monthly depletion and shipment reporting, inventory, compliance, direct and oversee sales policies, objectives, and initiatives to ensure annual sales targets and profitability goals are achieved, distributor relationships, create and monitor quarterly POD’s, Accounts Sold goals, channel planning/development, create, execute and lead effective sales strategies, deliver product sales performance and strategic KPI’s, reporting sales and market conditions to the executive leadership team on monthly basis, develop, deploy, track and forecast all channel sales, implementation of market pricing, solution selling, and digital rebate programs.
Marketing: Communicate and execute all local and national trade marketing activities, programs, product promotions, digital programs, in-field execution of programs, brand management, trade events, tasting events, contribute to the quarterly newsletter, and report all market related competitive activity.
Operations: Financial accountability, annual goal development, negotiations, inventory, operational efficiencies, forecasts, goals/funding (Scan & QD programs, incentives, price supports, brand support, and Point-of-Sale), financial planning, budgets, analytics, market pricing, manage profitability by individual customer strategies, analyze business and channel performance, analysis, evaluate and optimize processes to drive improved business results, and all communication with the executive team.
• Improved sales trends from -12% to +6% in just a couple of years.
• Overcame an issue with Everclear Grain Alcohol which caused a total loss of state-wide distribution. Resold state-wide distribution once the new Everclear product was approved for sale in just a few months.
• Relaunched in a very crowded market place, Ezra Brooks Bourbon, and Yellowstone Bourbon, also introduced new products: Exotico Tequila, David Nicholson Bourbon, Minor Case Rye Whiskey, Daviess County Bourbon, Bowling & Birch Gin, Vita Frut Seltzers, Salvador’s RTD Canned Cocktails, and Blood Oath Bourbon (Highly Allocated).
• Created, gained approval, and implemented annual branded Sales and Strategy Plans from concept to implementation which included: sales depletions, and the distributor annual sales execution, shipments, profit, Category Management, pricing, and local marketing programs.
• In 2020, tasked with opening a new sales office in Southern California and obtaining a new ABC Type #5 license. This license will make the office compliant to meet the new state law required so that the company can pull samples, install POS, and hire sampling/tasting companies.
Boutique wine and spirit importer representing over thirty brands: Gekkeikan Sake, Whispering Angle Rose Wine, Pusser's Rum, and others.
Responsible for managing and improving sales in four states (CA, OR, WA, and AK), 260K cases, and $20M in sales dollars.
Sales: Responsibilities include: achieving optimum sales volume, managing, coordinating, and overseeing all sales activity, coordination with Chain Key Account Managers, sales meetings, new distribution, market “blitzes,” in-field training, “work-withs,” and merchandising.
Management: Manage all pricing, three employees (District Managers and an Area Manager), Control State (OLCC) policies and compliance, sales, forecasting, reporting, inventory, objectives, ensure annual sales targets and profitability goals are achieved, distributor/broker relationships (Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits), create and monitor quarterly POD reports, Accounts Sold reporting, channel planning/development, and distributor monthly programing.
Marketing: Communicate and execute all local and national trade marketing activities, programs, product promotions, in-field execution of programs, brand management, trade events, tasting events, and report all market related competitive activity.
Operations: Financial accountability, annual goal achievement plans, budgets, forecasts, shipments, analytics, distributor monthly/quarterly/annual business reviews, market pricing, manage profitability by individual customer strategies, analyze business and channel performance, and all communication with the executive team.
• Doubled the sales of Whispering Angel Rose wine in the first year to over 92% increase in sales.
• Shaw Ross is a subsidiary of SGWS. This gives a unique opportunity to build relationships with the senior management, knowledge of their internal systems, and access to key market specific sales and supplier strategies within SGWS.
Family-owned wine and Spirits Company: fine spirits from key regions around the world
Responsible for the management and sales of a portfolio of over fifteen spirits brand and over 55K annual cases in CA, AZ, NV, OR, WA, ID, MT, UT ,WY, AK, HI, and managing distributors (Young’s Market Company network and Wirtz Beverage, Nevada (distributors)
Sales: Responsibilities include: Develop and achieve regional sales performance targets, ensure sales processes are fully implemented, develop annual Collaborative Business Plans, Periodic Tactical Business Plans, and appropriately partner with distributors, develop expectations with key distributor personnel on new and existing brands; distribution, shipments, sales activities, develop pricing strategies through review of (CPRs) competitive pricing reports, communicate brands strategy, management of the distributor spirits sales team, off and on-premise, coordinated sales presentation materials, merchandising, POS, local promotions calendars, and implement incentive programs.
Marketing: Participate and advise in promotions, brand marketing, trade marketing, tasting/training events, and POS.
Operations: Deliver annual sales plan goals, manage three direct reports (two District Managers and one Brand Ambassador), manage pricing, budgets, warehouse communication and inventory, forecasting and product allocation, manage distributor spending/banks, A/R reconciliation, and compliance.
• Earned full bonus every year.
• Won MVP Award for top spirits sales performance (national sales volume/distribution).