- Stamford, CT
- February 16, 2019
I am an accomplished wine & spirits professional with extensive experience and relationships in the Tri-State Area and a passion for fine wines. An energetic brand builder, producer of increased profitability through all distribution channels, and adept at mentoring team members and distributors’ sales forces, I am a dependable industry veteran acknowledged by wholesalers and suppliers alike as a creative and supportive team player.
I am fluent in Italian and Spanish, hold an BA in Economics from St. Francis College (Brooklyn, NY) and an MBA in International Business from Baruch College – CUNY (New York, NY), and I am proficient with many of the industry’s information systems, most notably Diver platforms, Cognos BI, AdvEIS, and with all the applications of the Microsoft Office Suite.
My current career goal is to utilize my skills and experience in a supplier's regional/divisional manager position which would in turn give me the opportunity to professionally grow and acquire the necessary tools to move to the next level.
Master's of Business Administration in International Business, GPA: 3.4
Bachelor's of Arts in Economics with specialization in International Economics; Dean's List in 1999 and 2000; GPA: 3.4
• Responsible for managing relationships with statewide wholesalers (Empire Merchants, Empire Merchants North, Cazanove-Opici) and for driving Premier portfolio’s volume and distribution growth in all channels in Metro and Upstate New York
• Managed all aspects of the business (pricing, programming, inventory, POS, invoicing) and implemented corporate directives and initiatives (company-wide programs and National Account placements), with a promotional/programming budget exceeding $200,000 per fiscal year
• Created presentations, sell sheets, educational material, and trackers
• Managed 30 brands within the premium, ultrapremium, luxury, and icon segments with sales of approximately 90,000 cases annually
• Mentored two direct reports
• Responsible for on- and off-premise distribution of the Santa Margherita USA brands within the New York Metro Area (Greater NY and Westchester)
• Work side by side with the sales force of distributor partner (Empire Merchants) in market calls to expand quality distribution base
• Provided educational training on Italian wines and selling techniques to the distributor’s sales force
• Responsible for building profitable relationships with key accounts
• Maintained proper levels of inventory and POS material
Connecticut State Manager – Taub Family Selections, Foundation Brands, & Spirits (4/1/2016 to 7/17/2017):
• Responsible for driving growth of brands for the entire Palm Bay International portfolio and for all its business units within the State of Connecticut (about 135,000 cases annually)
• Maintained relationships with statewide wholesalers (Brescome Barton, Worldwide Wines, Eder Bros., AS Goodman, Hartley & Parker, Slocum & Sons)
• Managed all business aspects (pricing, programming, inventory, merchandise, field sales, and strategic planning) with a promotional/programming budget in excess of $1.5 million, and mentored one report.
• Grew sales in the first 2 quarters by an aggregated 2% among the 3 divisions
• Managed sales of approximately 135,000 cases annually, generating revenue in excess of $8 million
Connecticut State Manager – Genesis Estates (later Taub Family Selections)(2/1/2011 to 3/31/2016):
• Responsible for driving growth of brands within the Genesis (fine wine) portfolio; maintained relationships with statewide wholesalers (Brescome Barton, Worldwide Wines, Eder Bros., AS Goodman, Hartley & Parker)
• Created pricing structures, elaborated strategic plans including promotions, incentives, tutorial programs for the distributors’ sales force with a promotional/programming budget of over $160,000 annually
• Grew sales by 11% in the first calendar year, 14% annual average since 2011, 18% in the last calendar year (2015); fine wine sales in the last calendar year exceeded 10,000 cases, generating about $1.7 million in revenue
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with statewide distributors (Fedway Associates, American BD/Opici, Allied Beverage Group)
• Executing sales, planning, pricing, programming, and promotion of Genesis (fine wine) brands with a promotional/programming budget of over $200,000 annually
• Monitoring inventories, developing and conducting educational seminars for distributors’ sales forces, calling on key on- and off-premise accounts. Grew sales by 43% in the last calendar year (2010), exceeding 19,000 in volulme and $3.2 million in revenue
• Business development, brand building, and promotion of fine Italian wines in the NY
• Metro area, Long Island, Westchester, and Upstate NY.
• Direct responsibility in the development and distribution’s expansion of the Israeli/kosher portfolio, with recorded growth of 23%
• Called on key on- and off-premise accounts
• Monitored sales, and providing educational support to distributor’s sales force (Southern Glazer’s WS of NY and Lauber WS).
• Responsible for over 35,000 total cases in volume and $4 million in revenue.
Wholesale distribution of domestic and imported fine wines to on- and off-premise accounts in New York City
Promotion and wholesale distribution of fine domestic and imported wines and spirits to on-premise accounts in the New York City area.