- Cincinnati, Ohio
- January 26, 2023
I have worked my way up in all three tiers of adult beverage, with experience as a street level retail sales rep, Director of Sales and Marketing, Director of National Accounts and most recently VP of Sales. These experiences, coupled with the rare combination of an analytic that is also a gifted communicator, make me an asset to any CPG organization. I am currently looking for a leadership position that I can hit the ground running with right away.
Below are a few of my key attributes:
(Measured) Risk Taker
o Engineered the growth of Sycamore from 1,000 bbls STR in 2017 to 26,000 in 2022.
• Average annual growth of 91.86% over five years.
o In 2022, Sycamore took the top spot in IRI as the #1 independent craft brand family in Carolina’s.
• Grew to the 10th largest craft brand family in the NC/SC/VA/GA market (IRI 10.23.22).
o Successfully managed a team of 14 sales professions that covered eight states as well as national accounts.
o Guided company from a small self-distributing brewer to multi-state regional supplier with 22 distro partners.
• Built self-distribution sales operation from the ground up.
• Implemented a system of brand priorities and monthly objective with associated at-risk compensation structure for sales team.
• Brokered the sale of distribution rights with multiple distributor partners.
o Collaborative partnerships with marketing department.
o Forecasted brand and sku needs in collaboration with production team.
o Designed and implemented chain execution structure. Examples include:
• Pre-call planner / Post-call recap / Promotion alert
• Program execution and result tracking (Sales & ROI)
• Customer engagement planning process / Call frequency matrix
o Developed and implemented field sales team plan for secondary regional call points.
o Managed chain account base delivering performance growth rates that consistently beat both unmanaged chain and total independent business six consecutive quarters.
Director of Sales & Marketing
o Oversaw Chain Account and Category Managers, and Marketing Manager.
o Managed sales force of 4 direct reports and 28 secondary reports.
Director of Trade Development
o Developed & Managed Craft Import and Cider Division as well as Brand Manager.
o Managed On Premise Teams for both Ohio and Kentucky.
o Responsible for regional on & off premise key account call points.
o Managed relationship with top 20 suppliers.
Key Account Team Lead
o Built a team of Chain Account Managers and Category Managers.
o Implemented “customer first” category approach that increased both chain and independent category captainship.
• Grew independent category captainships from 5% to 58% in two years.
Ohio Sales Manager