- Woodbury, MN
- August 25, 2020
Sales Management professional with proven leadership skills in the wine and spirits industry. Highly qualified at executing business plans. Excellent communicator with a consultative sales style, strong negotiation skills, and a keen market assessment aptitude. Highly competitive with strong drive to win. Strategic thinker that can balance data and insights with trends and big picture thinking.
Led the implementation and execution of strategic sales initiatives for wine portfolio of over 25 brands. Execute new product launches. Motivate wholesale team to succeed at sales goals and grow profit.
• P & L management, pricing management, developing programming, and setting distribution objectives for portfolio
• Cultivated strong relationships with key buyers and wholesale sales team in region
• Managed the winning State for major National sales contest for a priority brand.
• Won the bid for the private label wine business for Coborn’s in MN and Schnuck’s in MO
Managed a wine and spirits broker who sold and marketed over 20 suppliers to over 15 wholesalers throughout the Midwest. Created and executed all pricing, programming, incentives, display, and distribution goals for each supplier. Negotiated over 15 new suppliers to collaborate with us.
• Achieved double digit growth with portfolio while industry was single digit
• Key brands include Tito’s, Line 39, Rumchata, Wente, Mionetto, St Germaine, Rutherford Ranch, and Riondo
• Grew largest wine supplier by 11% in 8 state territory in 2017 and increased profit by 13%.
• Set up new detailed price structures for all brands in portfolio maximizing suppliers’ budgets to use their support more effectively
Increased sales, profit, and distribution for the entire portfolio of wines with SUPERVALU nationally. Managed 1.M+ cases that grew over 4% a year outpacing similar chains. Additionally, Private Brand business grew over 40% with over 300K in revenue. All major priorities for new distribution were met yearly. P& L Management. Coordinate sales strategies and promotions.
• Managed, trained, and developed an Analyst who worked on shelf sets, ads, and data pull
• Introduced the most successful private wine brand launch in Albertson’s, Jewel, Shaw’s, and other SUPERVALU banners
• Consistently increased National display programs and ads overachieving goals