- Frisco, Texas
- March 2, 2020
24 years of alcohol beverage experience in business management, budget preparation, financial analysis & management, profit & loss responsibility, sales & sales forecasting, strategic planning, Open & Control State pricing, employee development, and brand marketing. Experienced in building brands from the ground up and strategically expanding brands to new markets.
• Awarded full ride scholarship and four year letterman. Graduated in four years and Junior year received First Team Academic All Big 8 honors
• Honorable mention All Time linebacker Team - University of Colorado, 247 Sports, 2005
Successfully expanding Belle isle Craft Spirits from a Virginia centric brand to a brand with a strong presence in 15 markets, becoming a top 40 Craft Spirits brand in the United States. Case sales growing from 3000 cases in 2016 to 30K cases in 2019 and forecasting 50K cases in 2020
• Effective growth strategy involving hiring strong leaders to run expanding markets. Twelve experienced Managers hired in two years including Regional Sales Directors with Area, State, and Key Account Manager as direct reports. Growth strategy includes strong social media presence, event management, and marketing programs designed to create pull.
• Strong distributor network built across the United States, partnering with SGWS, Breakthru Beverage, Georgia Crown, and the Anheuser Busch Craft Spirit network in Upstate NY. SGWS representing BICS in all Control States as the brand expands.
• Grew BICS from $135,000 DGP (2016) to $1,125,000 DGP (EOY 2019) . Grew from $210,000 NSV (2016) to $1,750,000 NSV (2019), hitting established 3 year plan set in 2016.
• Managed 27 markets across the country, worked with Southern Wine and Spirits, Republic National, and State Liquor Control Boards in top markets including Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and Michigan.
• Direct reports include one State Manager and two Regional GMs. Instrumental in helping design go to market strategy for Double Cross Vodka.
• Successfully navigated ultra-premium vodka through a very difficult, competitive category helping Double Cross Vodka gain success in Key Accounts across the region. Strong presence and positioning in Specs, Goody, Sigels, Costco, and Gabriels as well as large and small Independents.
Significantly exceeded 2011 and 2012 DGP, NSV, and distribution plan on innovation and core brands, and out-performed all major competition on market share in Key Accounts, Independent markets, and the state of Texas overall. 1.4 million cases sold 2011 , $55M DGP / $105M NSV
• Supervision of 15 managers including State Key Account, Senior On-premise, Wine State Manager, and 3 territory Managers each with 3 to 4 direct reports.
• Effectively transitioned from managing major Control States and Control States Regional Marketing to managing major Open State pricing, planning, and programming. Managing $20M budget 2011 Texas
• Extensive experience in all aspects of Texas Spirits business including TX chains, National retail chains, National accounts, independents, and pricing across the state. Built in relationships with key stake-holders and a solid understanding of shelf margins and mark-ups used by retailers regionally in the state of Texas.
Managed significant price increases to move brands within price strategy in the Eastern Control Division. Effectively increased DGP to help the Control States, as the only region in the company, hit a difficult plan in 2008. Top Field Marketer Award / Beam Vision Award
• Managed team of five Marketing personnel in the Eastern Control Division including one Activation Director, Two Activation Specialists, and two Makers Mark Diplomats. Managed $25M Regional Marketing Budget in the Eastern Control States
• Key member of Bourbon, Cognac, Tequila, and Rum brand teams at Beam Global. Member of the Beam Innovation team, helped in the development of Beam innovation brands. Part of three person team developing highly anticipated Jim Beam expansion brand Devils Cut Bourbon.