- WEST SACRAMENTO, CA
- August 5, 2019
I am a successful accounting, finance, and operations professional with executive level leadership, motivational, and management skills. Successful track records of managing financial, operational, human resource, and technology initiatives in very large hospitality and hospitality related distribution environments. I offer a hands on management style, with a strategic and tactical approach. I seek a position with the responsibilities and scope that will challenge me as a professional as well as producing the applicable rewards.
- Experienced accounting, finance, and operations professional; Director of Finance, Controller, Senior Manager, and Vice President.
- 12 years in multiple unit wholesale distribution environments; with 10 years in beverage alcohol.
- Hospitality experience at the Controller and General Manager levels; experienced in NBA/NFL Arena/Stadium operations; e.g.; General Concessions, Luxury Suites, Catering, Special Events, and Stadium Club/Restaurant operations. Additionally, my background spans full-service contemporary to white tablecloth dining as well as high volume private events/banquet operations and live music entertainment venues. Extensive F&B fine-dining and fine wine expertise.
- Public accounting experience; balanced portfolio includes ‘for profit’ and ‘non-profit’ clients.
- Multiple unit accounting, finance, and operations history; scope spans daily accounting operations through financial statement preparation and interpretation. Includes formal annual budget processes, period close, forecasting, auditing, inventory cost accounting, and gross profit management at all levels.
- Extensive multiple unit inventory, procurement, and supply chain management background in wholesale distribution environments. Includes delivery settlement, cash handling, procurement (domestic & international), importing, traffic/transportation, material handling, warehousing, and the physical inventory process.
- Human resource and organizational administration. Includes benefits selection/management, payroll, training, SOP implementation, and ongoing performance management programs.
Graduated, May 1991
Premier new NBA Arena, Concert, Catering, and Special Events Venue.
Directly manage the accounting and financial operations from venue pre-opening through current year of operations. Annual revenues at the Golden 1 Center Arena have exceed $40 million with 150+ events employing 1,000+ full time and seasonal employees. Scope of responsibility includes all fiscal activities and initiatives; e.g. daily accounting, payroll, event settlement, cost controls, physical inventory, period close, and the production and reconciliation of financial statements. Company’s scope includes multiple food & beverage revenue streams; e.g. general concessions, luxury suites, arena clubs, catering, and special/private events.
Initiated Standard Operating Procedures regarding, daily accounting, event reconciliation, cash/vault operations, monthly close, A/P, A/R, payroll, and inventory cost control procedures.
Jointly manage Sacramento Kings client relationships and execution of venue initiatives.
Implemented and manage ABI scheduling and event management software system as administrator.
Manage the continued development of the Appetize POS system with respect to “back of the house” functionality; e.g. financial reporting, event management & reconciliation, cash room operations, inventory (all aspects), and supply chain functions.
Recruited and trained a very highly effective accounting, finance, and event center teams.
Iconic NFL Stadium, Concert, Festival, and Special Events Venue.
Annual revenues at Soldier Field exceed $40 million with 60+ events employing 2,000+ full time and seasonal employees. Scope of responsibility included all fiscal initiatives at Soldier Field Stadium and the Northerly Island amphitheater (1st year); e.g. daily accounting, event settlement, F&B cost controls, period close, and financial statement interpretation. Scope of responsibility includes general concessions, luxury suites, stadium clubs, catering, and special events.
Stabilized unit financial operations. Established financial integrity across Income Statement and Balance Sheet accounts. Responsible for (client) contract interpretation and execution.
Reinforced a consistent approach regarding, cash/vault operations, monthly close, A/P, A/R, payroll, and daily/event accounting and reconciliation procedures.
38,000 SF fully Operating Urban Winery, Concert Venue, Restaurant, and Private Events Destination.
Directly managed the financial activities for a multiple revenue stream hospitality organization with first year annual revenues of $9.4 million and 175 employees. Responsibility included all fiscal initiatives; e.g. daily accounting through financial statement preparation as well as the budget, period close, and audit processes. Scope also included human resources, employee benefits, contract management, winery cost accounting, and cost of sales reporting.
Stabilized unit financial operations from opening launch. Instituted comprehensive SOP standards regarding, monthly close, A/P, A/R, payroll, DSR processing, cash handling, and daily accounting procedures.
Corrected and enhanced the company’s general ledger conforming to GAAP standards.
Initiated and instituted a winery production cost accounting protocol for the concept’s manufacturing operation.
VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION, Viachem, Ltd. - Plano, TX, 2006 – 2008
Start Up Fine & Specialty Chemical Wholesale Distributor Servicing North America.
FINANCE MANAGER, Michaels Stores, Inc. - Irving, TX, 2000 - 2003
North American Arts & Crafts Specialty Retail Leader with annual revenues of $3.2 billion.
CONTROLLER, Julius Schepps Company - Dallas, TX, 1992 - 1999
Beverage Alcohol Importer & Wholesale Distributor servicing the Dallas, Fort Worth, Longview, and Houston, TX. $250 MM, Four Sales Offices, Three Distribution Centers, Bonded Warehouse, and 700 Employees.
Certified Public Accounting and Consulting firm servicing a balance of for-profit & non-profit organizations.
Scope of services includes 401K auditing, tax preparation, auditing, monthly close, reconciliations, various journal entries, A/P, A/R, payroll, financial statement preparation, special projects, and business consulting.
Included onsite consulting assignments and ongoing client account management.
Maintained exceptional client satisfaction levels.