- Miami, Florida
- May 3, 2021
Accomplished category development professional with expertise in strategic business planning, competitive analysis, global sourcing, product development, procurement, international supply chain, supplier management, cross-cultural contract negotiations, managing financial metrics, and stakeholder leadership.
Develop and implement product strategies and roadmaps for international beverage brands. Oversee global sourcing, product selection, package design, supplier relationships, multi-currency contract negotiations, procurement, compliance, supply chain management, sales, and social marketing strategies.
Oversaw the strategic development, implementation, and profitability of the private label business for North America’s largest publicly traded liquor store (TSX: LIQ). The program grew to over 250 exclusive brands, which accounted for 22% of the company’s total category sales (estimated $30 million), across 250 stores in Canada and the US.
• Department Structuring: Developed and managed a North American merchant team focused on global sourcing, product development, purchasing, logistics, pricing, marketing, merchandising, and product education. Hand selected both internal team members and external stakeholder partners.
• Category Assortment: Analyzed industry trends and local purchasing patterns to develop an exclusive product portfolio designed to strengthen the competitive mix across all categories.
• Supplier Management: Managed 70 supplier relationships with wineries throughout 12 countries including Argentina, Australia, Chile, New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Portugal, Canada, and the USA.
• Product Development: Sourced, tasted, and selected wines for the Direct Import portfolio. Collaborated with wineries to create brand concepts, label designs, and promotional materials.
• Pricing Negotiations: Conducted multi-currency supplier cost negotiations to set competitive store retails in both $US and $CAN dollars that would align with target margins.
• Supply Chain Management: Created a logistics framework to drive costs out of the supply chain model. Partnered with importers and wholesalers to manage consolidations, freight costs, federal and local compliance, as well as timely deliveries to the stores, both in Canada and the USA.
• Inventory & Sales Analysis: Reviewed weekly P&L reports to determine both profitability and opportunities. Executed strategies to balance warehouse and store inventories, and price reductions.
• Marketing: Developed promotional concepts for TV, radio, print, social media, and e-commerce.