- Houston, TX
- October 18, 2020
To executive leadership and senior management within supplier organizations and
distributor teams, Jacob Fairchild brings the strategic focus, vision, and relationships gained
during a successful career leveraging diverse sales and profitability programs with a variety of
entrepreneurial and creative initiatives.
With 16 years’ experience in hospitality, retail, and luxury brand sales in the wine and
spirits industry, Jacob served most recently as Area Manager for Frederick Wildman & Sons.
Managing newly acquired major retail import wine brands, Jacob implemented a new pricing
structure, created unique distributor programing and utilized regional chain relationships to
redirect a -9% depletion trend to a +3% in the first six months; a total case volume of 349,000+
Prior to Frederick Wildman, Jacob Fairchild excelled in a number of diverse on-premise
focused roles including Area Manager (Texas) for Sovereign Brands, Ketel One Vodka and
State Market Manager for Southern Glazers (Diageo/ Moët Hennessey). Each of these varying
wine and spirit brands allowed for a robust focus on building strategic relationships and
experience with the industry’s leading bar, restaurant and retail figures.
Beginning his career on the executive team of an on-premise growing wine bar chain,
leadership is key to Jacob’s values and success. As a supplier, Jacob understands that utilizing
these skills with distributor teams is integral to success. One characteristic that sets Jacob apart
is his approach to influencing and leading a distributor team, on all levels, to prioritize his
brands and to be considered a partner to shared success. Jacob takes pride that he is
considered a “favorite supplier” in every role he’s held.
Jacob Fairchild is a creative, data driven and dynamic wine & spirits sales leader that
leaps at all opportunities to demonstrate excellence in sales, marketing, profitability and
advancing brands beyond their competitors.
Minor in Beverage Marketing & Management
Achieved consistent growth on all brands in portfolio by passionately motivating and creatively managing the
distributor sales force, executive leadership and top premium account relationships through inspiring confidence and
gaining respect as an effective and trusted supplier partner.
• Established a culture of constant, positive communication with distributor teams across all markets to deliver two-way
communication to best capture all opportunities and enhance strategic insights on delivering brand standards and
• Consistently develops positive relationships with key on & off premise account buyers, top regional and national
accounts, and brand influencers in the luxury/fine dining channel and retail markets.
• Lead in developing and presenting quarterly business reviews with distributor’s executive leadership, which includes
strategic, financial, volume and distribution goals, and objectives that increased share of mind with sales leadership.
• Delivers memorable sales presentations to trade and distributor teams that created brand advocacy by focusing on
unique and memorable brand stories and relentless engagement.
• Designed and implemented sales incentive programs for distributor management and sales teams that delivered
exceptional results over competitive brands.
• Managed and executed successful new product launches including item setup/pricing, updating marketing to specific
market needs and exceptional communication to the sales team to insure distribution and engagement on day one.
Achieved 1st place in an internal supplier regional competition for highest average depletion growth of top brands in
the first 6 months of 2018. Texas achieved 274.8% growth.
• Introduced creative sales programs, shared across state/regional lines to be a leader in best practices within
• Increased points of distribution 24.81% in retail channels an 14.9% in on-premise channels.
• Organized and managed local market consumer and trade educational and experiential events monthly including
wine dinners, staff tastings and educational events.
• Managed assigned budgets including distributor incentives, travel & entertainment, samples, demo tastings and
others as needed.
• Integrated a culture of open and constant communication with all local Diageo teams including Activation Army,
Diageo Reserve team and the local distributor to best support all brand needs and opportunities in the market.
• Presented 36 dynamic bartender/staff trainings on Ketel One quality and rich heritage that created a culture of
brand advocacy and excitement, increasing overall brand sales.
• Produced 3-4 brand centric consumer events monthly, focusing on supporting programs in key accounts and
creatively highlighting Ketel One far and beyond local competitors.
Diageo & Moet-Hennessy - Texas
Developed meaningful relationships with critical on-premise accounts, local and state multi-cultural consumers
and influential community organizers to increase overall supplier sales and strengthen the brand’s presence within the
target community in Texas.
• Managed significant Ketel One, Smirnoff and Belvedere vodka budgets to execute below-the-line marketing
programs that not only connected consumers to each brand, but increased distribution and sales in critical accounts
350% or more.
• Facilitated dynamic bartender/staff training and incentive programs that crafted a rich culture of brand advocacy
and excitement, increasing overall brand sales.
• Supported strong and consistent communication with each local market’s sales teams and management,
specifically encouraging an “open-door” relationship to identify the best opportunities in each sales representative’s
• Formed beneficial relationships with community bartenders and influencers to identify and prioritize new placement
and brand opportunities.
Leadership & Development Manager / Wine Sales Education Specialist
• Responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of all learning initiatives for over 500
employees. Additionally responsible for beverage sales manager coaching and development.
• Instituted an enterprise-wide, online wine education & certification program entitled “Wine-University” totaling 60+
graduates. Other courses included Wine 101, Tequila 101, Spirits 101 and Wine Sales Manger 500 training.
• Lead trainer and facilitator for 12 new store openings.
• Designed and developed learning activities, audio/visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans.
• Created a management development program for all leadership positions based on the Situational Leadership
model that strengthened a succession planning strategy and grew a high potential leadership pool.
Enterprise Wine Sales Manager
• Sales leadership role that served as a key member of executive team developing sales strategies to maximize
opportunities over 14 locations. Increased wines sales from $11.5 Million in 2011 to $15.1 Million in 2013.
• Grew retail wine sales revenue 33% percent between 2011 & 2013 enterprise wide.
• Introduced innovative sales promotions to enhance guest wine experience and grow revenues.
• Lead the selection and creation of a proprietary wine program of over 30 private labels with supplier partners in