- Los Angeles, California
- March 25, 2020
My name is Greg Solomon, a senior marketing, brand management and sales powerhouse driven by the limitless power of collective creativity, and a true believer in "success begins where one's comfort zone ends." Serving as an energetic, passionate integrated marketing and sales professional who thrives in fast-paced environments, my past and current experience working with some of the worlds top alcoholic and non alcoholic beverage brands has allowed me to both collectively and independently, provide an integrated customer experience that creates brand awareness, buzz, loyalty and most of all sales.
Ownership of senior level sales and marketing initiatives and call points overseeing a multi-million EQ case division of National and Regional on and off premise customers • Manage 3 Sales Executives throughout the Southern California market to engage, sell and implement customer marketing and sales programs and initiatives • Orchestrate volume driving field and trade marketing programs including the training of all staff and distributor management including Sysco, Shamrock & US Foods • Lead total beverage sales and marketing strategy including category management of all Coca-Cola brands including Tea, Lemonade, Coffee, Juice, Energy and Carbonated Soft Drink category in collaboration with overall client and brand strategy • Collaborate with multiple cross functional departments including Marketing, Brand, PR and Legal to develop and execute fully integrated sales plans • Oversee the timeline management of six figure agency fees, production and sales and marketing budgets to ensure successful implementation for all client programs • Utilize the breadth and depth of Coca-Cola's key research alliances to mine data in order to identify relevant opportunities as well as provide innovative solutions to drive volume/sales • Leverage internal and external resources (Channel teams, CREST/NPD, Mintel) to provide research, data and insights for the development of long term customer beverage strategy • Provide strong financial acumen to all business decisions and provide post analysis to ensure goals are met • Construct annual sales and marketing calendar for all National & Regional customers in my portfolio • Develop semi-annual stewardship reviews for state of the business meetings with key stakeholders • Fully leverage local and national Coca-Cola assets (e.g., NASCAR, NBA, NFL, MLB, University Football partnerships) and brand partnerships to create customized beverage promotions. Past promotions have resulted in sales increases of up to 27+%
Working in our beverage department with alcohol and spirit brands/suppliers such as Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits on Licor 43, Heaven Hill Distilleries on Hpnotiq, Pernod Ricard on Beefeater Gin, and Veev Acai Spirit.
• Oversite of multiple campaigns while simultaneously establishing, building and fostering relationships with clients on a day to day basis
• Established deliverables and timelines for all campaigns including merchandising accounts, creating point of sale items, and arranging account sales calls throughout the year
• Interviewed, contracted and trained field marketing managers for nationwide activations involving 50 different markets working on 4 major beverage campaigns
• Remotely managed hundreds of Brand Ambassadors across all markets throughout the course of the year
• Accountable for the assessment and interpretation of reporting data collected from the field: establishing objectives, setting and implementing deadlines
• Managed million-dollar campaign budgets
• Set and tracked sales goals and created programming for field staff and distributor sales reps
• Analyzed sales metrics and depletion data in order to implement strategic plans to increase sales
• Communicated with account owners in order to sell product to On & Off premise locations
• Maintained and grew distributor relationships by attending and presenting ideas, concepts and marketing campaigns at distributor meetings
Assigned to the CA, AZ, NV, and HI markets to remotely manage all Sweet Revenge sales and marketing programs and initiatives.
• Managed and executed 100+ promotional tastings/events per month, per market
• Developed $100,000 market-specific promotional/point-of-sale budgets for both brands
• Managed 6 promotional agencies and point-of-sale shipments that were sent to all markets across the US
• Maintained detailed promotional calendars
• Communicated and worked with distributor sales teams regularly to increase brand awareness and sales
• Intermediary between the distributor, the in-market brand ambassador, and the promotion agency to improve communication in the field.
• Arranged general sales meetings to track sales progress as well as listen to concerns from our national reps
• Oversaw a network of 11 sales reps throughout the west coast
• Tracked and analyzed sales depletion data
• Prepared numerous sales and marketing presentations throughout the course of a year
• Took initiative on new projects; managed them from initiation through completion—required consistent follow-up, extensive organization and strong written and verbal communication skills
• Lead creative development of all OOH, Radio, Social and TV content