- Panama, Panama
- February 20, 2020
High energy and results oriented executive specializing in the Beverage Industry. Build, coach and manage high performing sales teams. Utilizes a sales process that efficiently drives revenue, profit and distribution to exceed the objectives on average by over 20-25%. Develop and leverage advantageous relationships that maximize portfolio, channel and market potential. Contact network includes over 300 key influencers throughout the Latin American and Caribbean market. Leverages knowledge of the market, consumer, trade partners, and channel to drive profit and sales growth for the company, distributor and retailer which establishes the company as the category expert. Driven to utilize entrepreneurial skills to make an incremental contribution and be a leader within a vibrant business culture.
• Led the modernization process of the Free Zone with key projects like e-commerce, digitalization and strategic planning.
• Develop policy for the institution based on extensive negotiations both private and other public institutions. CFZ employs 700 workers and has a commercial volume of $20 billion US. The Secretary General is the 3rd ranking official in the institution after the General Manager and Vice GM.
• Designed and implemented projects which improved substantially the competitiveness of the Zone like Single window for all official procedures.
• Promoted the advantages of the Panama Logistic Hub as a speaker and panelist both locally and abroad.
• Represented the institution in the Logistic Cabinet which is responsible for the national logistic strategy.
• Extensive travel to China to formalize the newly established diplomatic relationship at the commercial level. Secure MOU with the Zhuhai Special Economic Zone.
Represented local and international brands in the Free Zone. Sales to Pullmantur Cruise Lines, duty free operators in Central and South America. Monster Energy Drink, Ron Abuelo
Varela Group is a local rum producer and liquor distributor with operations and distribution in South America, USA, Europe and China. As a commercial director and later General Manager, I secured a significant international portfolio of brands like Ballantines, Beefeater, Kahlua. Started and established the international operations of the company and develop markets in Ecuador, Colombia, Costa Rica and USA.
Major Achievements with Varela Group
• Initiated the Varela Internacional division and during our management the company grew from startup to $10 mm in revenue and $1.0 mm in profits. Today is a solid branch of the group.
• During our management the group consolidated important brands in its portfolio of imported liquors. Bacardi, Ballantine’s, Kahlua, Beefeater, among others.
• Positioned international brands like Bacardi, Gallo wines and Ballantine’s whiskies in duty free markets like the Ecuador military and border stores.
• Responsible for the growth of Varela rums in Bolivia and Ecuador which grew to became significant players in these markets
• Coordinate marketing strategies, pricing, agreements, contracts,
• Developed Distributors and work closely with Key accounts in all markets