- Somerville, Massachusetts
- January 9, 2019
• Manage sales, marketing, ordering and logistics for 13 states with 37 individual wholesalers for an innovative beverage company.
• Develop and ensure proper execution of annual business and marketing plans for each wholesaler with ultimate responsibility for P&L statements.
• Create and manage volume, revenue and expense budgets for the sales division.
• Grow and coach a team of 18 full time sales and management representatives charged with selling a new alcoholic category offering in a challenging marketplace. Created KPI’s and measurement metrics.
• Engage as a senior member of the leadership team to drive brand awareness and advocate for formulation and marketing shifts to meet changing consumers demands which ultimately lead to a complete reformulation, and package design.
• Manage chain sales team and direct growth with key on and off premise retailers.
• Fostered market expansion into 6 new states including wholesaler and retailer interviews and selection.
• Grew year over revenues by over 200%.
• Reorganized entire sales division with a focus on driving increased wholesaler, retailer and consumer interactions which lead to doubling sales volumes.
• Manage sales, marketing, ordering and logistics for 5 states with 29 individual wholesalers over 4 import and 2 American craft beer portfolios.
• Develop and ensure proper execution of annual business and marketing plans for each wholesaler.
• Create and manage volume, revenue and expense budgets for each wholesaler showing year over year consistent organic growth.
• Direct and coach a team of 5 full time sales representatives challenged with selling a diverse portfolio of brands over a large geography.
• Act as liaison between brewery key account sales team and wholesaler to ensure successful implementation of chain sales programs.
• Engage central marketing department on key brands to drive consumer awareness.
• Coordinate public relations and outreach for a 20+ location beer wholesaler and national importer.
• Develop, steward and market the fifth most visited beer website and mobile application in the world with over 500,000 visitors per month.
• Direct a team of 9 social media experts, providing content designed to engage craft savvy consumers and drive sales and marketing of key brands.
• Research and implement sales technology hardware and software throughout the organization including Maas360 MDM, VIP MOE and ROE, and Intelestream CRM.
• Organize beer centric training sessions for front line and management sales representatives, including Cicerone training classes.
• Develop marketing strategies including advertising and point of sale materials for several multinational imported brands.
General Sales Manager 2006-2011
• Designed, implemented and assessed sales and marketing plans for multiple suppliers to increase distribution, awareness and ultimately sales volume.
• Managed 65 million dollar annual sales volume, gross profit, expense and labor budgets.
• Negotiated a variety of brand sponsorships for various events ensuring maximum exposure for supplier’s brands as well as greatbrewers.com.
• Coordinated and executed local print, outdoor, radio and internet media buys and ensure proper activation of brand specific marketing plans
• Successfully created, and managed all aspects of Syracuse Beer Week. Developed marketing and communications plan around 128 individual events. Worked with local outdoor, print, radio, video and internet media all with the focus of building exposure for the greatbrewers.com platform.
• Conceptualized and evaluated “Ask the Expert” events in key retailers where
greatbrewers.com staff, to inform and educate consumers and drive sales of high end beer.
• Authored and distributed creative and impactful print media and press releases to raise awareness of product launches, and events in the Syracuse market.
• Integrated social media (Facebook and Twitter) into local marketing plans to bring awareness to events, brands and greatbrewers.com.
Sales Supervisor 1999-2006
• Hired, supervised and trained seven route salespeople. Coached sales reps on selling skills and product knowledge.
• Created account specific distribution and volume objectives.
• Worked with key on premise accounts to increase our market share and sales within their business.
• Developed and sold in shelf space planograms to chain and independent retailers.
• Hired, evaluated and supervised a team of six merchandisers.
• Established and maintained merchandising standards, ensured “look of the leader” in retail accounts.
Assistant Operations Manager 1996-1999
• Controlled inventory, minimized shortage and forecasted sales of over 1.5 Million ce’s annually in concert with the sales manager.
• Maintained recycling budget, forecasted escheat income and expenses.
• Assisted with DOT and OSHA compliance.
• Mastered Roadnet software and built nightly delivery routes, maximizing geographical and load efficiencies.