- chicago, IL
- June 3, 2019
Influential and creative Consumer Insights Manager in the beer and spirits industry, with proven success as a thought leader to direct teams in translating category and business analytics into informative and compelling sales and marketing stories. I help to build both national and global brands and have extensive experience in international consumer research, including delivering insights for branding and translating successful global programs for US markets. I continually leverage insights to drive the business forward and lead projects to provide consumer insight strategies to key stakeholders.
A few more of my areas of expertise include:
• Strategy Development
• New Product Launch / Rollout
• National / Global Accounts
• Project Management
• Category Analytics
• Nielsen / IRI / Dunnhumby
• Impactful Innovation
• Category Growth
• Profitability Analysis
• Drive in-depth commercializing sales resources for global portfolio and develop compelling sales stories for media, retailers, and distributors with consumer insights and analytics that push category growth.
• Develop insights for products including Jim Beam Vanilla and Double Oak, Hornitos Black Barrel and Cristalino, Sipsmith Gin, Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye, and Sauza Agua Fuerte.
• As Project Lead for highball machine implementation and beverage strategy, focus on translating successful program in Japan into challenging US and European marketing landscape. Realized 100% increase in program funding of $800K in 2019 for promotional support, education, trade events, and sales execution as result of successful program development in 2018.
• Deliver insights into reasons for growth of rapidly expanding American Whiskey and Tequila categories.
• Leverage analytics to make compelling recommendations to retailer to drive better shopping experience for consumer and stronger category growth.
• Develop and annually update insight and innovation deck to drive conversions with retailers on beverage - alcohol category trends and illustrate how global launches connect with emerging trends.
• Provide photography and create graphics for dynamic slides.
• Promoted to lead, coach, and motivate team of three business analysts with accountability for tracking KPIs and scorcarding for communicating progress toward strategic goals.
• Delivered in-depth analytical information critical to prioritizing investments, evaluating brand health and ROI, taking consumer and retailer insights into innovation process, identifying new growth opportunities, and mapping white space.
• Created scorecard for senior executive and sales management team that contrasted internal performance vs. industry and illustrated relationship among shipments, depletions, and consumer data.
• Provided analytics that drove move back to former focus on TV vs. online commercials by leading marketing mix study indicating ROI advertising, social media promotions, and in-store promotion for core brands.
• Identified $1.1M case volume gap of missed sales opportunities by developing analytical tool in collaboration with sales force. Gathered information from sales to identify volume vulnerability from out-of-stocks for key market and shopper insights for placement strategy to leverage with new tool to close gaps.
• Laid foundation to communicate meaningfully with distributors and supported growth for shelf space, distribution, and promotional opportunity by providing consumer insights and quantitative review of internal and syndicated sales data.
• Improved monthly scorecard / internal sales review for use across organization. Report functioned as tool with retailers and distributors, saved 300 hours, and cut delivery time by five days per month.
• Provided insights that increased distribution opportunities with CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens, including growing distribution for core 12pk in CVS stores across Florida and Texas. Also implemented national program for promotions lasting entire summer a first for company.
• As SME for forecasting industry size by segment and identifying new competitive brands, provided critical insights for use in board, distributor, and retailers meetings and for executives to use in trade interviews.
• Supported strategic sales goals for grocery, drug, convenience, and mass / club liquor channels by developing forecasting models, scorecards, custom metrics, sell sheets, and retailer sales presentations impacting full sales cycle, including product launch, price gap analysis, display execution, distribution, and ROI analysis.
• Developed Best Practices and delivered training across organization on use of syndicated data and standardized metrics to establish base ratios of feature to displays, resulting in higher level of display execution and strategic use of data.
• Created dynamic presentation for Executive Vice President to use at national meetings with Kroger, Safeway, and Supervalu to illustrate sales performance opportunities and brand / packaging strategy.
• Delivered information to Board of Directors regarding current trends, new product launches, and future growth opportunities.
• Supported Victoria product by creating account target list derived from qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine most productive accounts and new pricing for 12pks, resulting in product achievement of top 20 import status within first year of sales in US.
Worked in a wide range of roles primarily as a Project Manager first supporting analytics, later in database solutions and lastly in global measurement science team supporting clients Con Agra, PepsiCo, Wrigley, Alberto Culver, American Greetings, and Ralston Purina. Promoted multiple times into roles where I managed a team.