- Frisco, Texas
- January 30, 2023
CPG/Foodservice senior-level marketing and sales leader with experience in overseeing and directing marketing activities, initiatives and personnel of an organization. Highly skilled in customer and brand marketing, business development, strategic planning, people and project management, budget management, brand activation, and sport sponsorships. Proven record in leading internal and external cross-functional teams to achieve targeted business objectives. A results-oriented executive with an effective combination of analytical and interpersonal skills. Operates with a learning mindset ensuring actions are insights-driven, consumer-centric and operationally sound.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Communications | Analytics | Consumer Insights | Marketing Strategy | Brand Building | Strategic Planning | Budget Management | Program Development | Brand Stewardship | Cross Functional Leadership | Customer Relations | Storytelling | Decision Making | Results Driven Execution | People Management
Led national customer marketing efforts across 6 lines of business to drive revenue ($200MM+), elevate PepsiCo brand exposure and deliver mutual partnership objectives. Customers included Vail Resorts, POWDR, Delaware North, JetBlue, Carnival, SSP America, OTG, Marshall Retail Group, HMS Host, Hudson, Tractor Supply, BPAA, PGA of America, Chuck E. Cheese, Sam’s Club, 7-Eleven, and Circle K.
• Leveraged customer joint business plans to build brands in the recreation, retail and travel channels with a focus on product innovation, brand impressions, and sustainability.
o Crafted a digital sweepstakes program using Pepsi Zero Sugar’s NFL Rookie of the Year sponsorship rights to attract new to cruising Carnival guests. Program attained 221MM impressions, 100% positive/neutral sentiment, 33M+ unique sweeps entries.
o Co-developed a nationally recognized sustainability program with Vail Resorts focused on building a multi-year roadmap to reduce food packaging waste and replace wax-lined paper cups with compostable or durable PepsiCo products across 33 resorts impacting over 14MM skier visits. Visit EpicPromise to learn more.
o Initiated and sold in a Rockstar Shipper program at 1900+ Tractor Supply locations which kickstarted overall Rockstar sales, closing at 50% over prior year.
o Led Sam’s Club 600+ store fountain graphic conversion supported by a NASCAR sweepstakes program resulting in sales revenue indexing at 102 to goal.
• Provided marketing leadership and consultation for customer contract renewals and new business pitch wins totaling $30MM in snack and beverage revenue.
Expanded PepsiCo’s portfolio into large, multi-location customers focused primarily within the restaurant segment. Fostered new business relationships for PepsiCo Foods & Beverages ensuring customer needs were understood, solutions were identified, and development and deployment phases of new initiatives were built collaboratively and executed flawlessly.
• Led 4 concept tests including Menchie's Bottles to Go, Ruby Tuesday's Stacy's Garden Bar, Bonefish Corn Masa Seasonal LTO and Buffalo Wings & Rings Corn Masa Puffy Tacos. Secured Ruby Tuesday's business, accounting for $55M in 2016; approximately $100M in 2017.
• Led collaboration with Wendy's internal supply and manufacturing teams to fulfill quick turn order totaling 10.5M cases of Tostito’s Bite Size Rounds (incremental $200M), opening the window to discuss a longer-term relationship.
• Secured Cracker Barrel 2-year oatmeal renewal projected to bring in $112M annually.
• Supported Southwest Airlines National Account team on Snacks RFP resulting in PepsiCo products added to the airline’s rotation over a three-year period; approximately $1-$3MM annually.
• Drove the development of a Balanced Choices Health & Wellness sales kit featuring 16 healthy PepsiCo products targeting 200 operators. Connected with approximately 25% of sales kit recipients generating follow up conversations. Attained new customer snack business estimated at $175M annually.
• Led account qualifying process for 35 emerging new beverage accounts. Moved 3 prospects beyond qualification into the discovery stage and 1 prospect into contract stage.
Led brand-building initiatives in North Central Texas by managing short- and long-term growth opportunities that delivered on brand strategy and market area volume goals for 15 priority brands including Miller Lite, Coors Light, Miller 64, and Blue Moon.
• Spearheaded 3-year and annual business plan development process in partnership with General Manager and local Distributor Sales Managers for 30MM case territory.
• Managed creative and thought leadership with over 10 functional agencies and a Marketing Activation Specialist pushing for new ideas that are on brand/channel strategy and are designed to either grow current business or create new business opportunities.
• Directed the planning and execution of local resources in excess of $23MM against volume-driving initiatives such as multicultural retail programming, sponsorships, advertising creative, media, point-of-sale, retail sampling and distributor incentives.
• Negotiated and led high-profile local sponsorships and retail program development to drive retail feature activity during key beer-selling timeframes: Miller Lite Dallas Cowboys (MillerCoors’ largest local sports alliance), Coors Light Dallas Mavericks, Miller Lite Dallas Stars, American Airlines Center, Coors Light Frisco RoughRiders, Miller 64 Dallas Marathon, Coors Light University of Texas, Miller Lite SXSW, Coors Light 2011 Super Bowl