Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Sr. Manager, On-Premise Channel Sales, Southern California
What makes this a great opportunity?
Responsible for managing the Southern California On-Premise channel, which includes working closely with dedicated distributor marketing and sales teams. Opportunity to work closely with key on premise accounts in Southern California to build our business together by creating impactful plans and programs.
At Beam Suntory we drive our leaders to:
- Build winning teams and partnerships
- Think Strategically as an owner
- Promote and inspire engagement and a development culture
- Deliver impactful results
Help develop and establish sustainable On-premise Strategy and Expectations for a critically important market. Be the go-to holistic manager for the whole On Premise channel and hold our distributor partner accountable to our BSI goals and objectives. Lead, inspire, and motivate a robust team of Channel Managers and our Customer Facing Team, whose responsibilities include day-to-day distributor management, distribution, demand creation, and promotional activity. Establish appropriate distributor on-premise targets and evaluate ROI of activities. Assist State Manager in achieving NSV, DGP and KPI targets for So Cal market.
- Align BSI and Distributor on-premise organizations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness to achieve maximum penetration of on-premise distribution and sales
- Create and Manage the strategy and execution of category plans, brand plans, promotional activity, and new item introductions, ensuring consistent compliance with BSI Standards
- Create a culture of inclusion, diversity of thought, and accountability with our On-Premise BSI team and On-Premise distributor team
- Maintain and Develop new volume opportunities with customers to include placements/spec list improvements; menu listing in key cocktails; feature and promotions, and well placements
- Set goals and programming in collaboration with Distributor to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual on-premise targets
- Work with and manage On Premise distributor lead to track/monitor progress and ensure all goals are achieved
- Ensure compliance with all Beam Suntory National Account initiatives, including coordination with NA and local teams, proactive management of all programs, and follow up reporting
- Successfully launch all innovation in the on-premise achieving volume and distributions KPI’s as set out by corporate and local management
- Successfully execute all on-premise events and use company created tracking and execution recaps as provided
- Conduct monthly/quarterly/yearly planning and market performance recap/review sessions with State Manager and Distributor teams to identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Provide monthly sales training and communication to distributor sales force in areas of market, category and brand trends, as well as sales tactics and techniques. Plan and schedule wait staff training at key accounts
- Keep current with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations; ensure all efforts and sales activities are in compliance
- Manage all Sales Expenses and OPEX within budget, and manage all BSI on-premise POS
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records through Salesforce on account contacts, new placements, follow-up actions, and account direction
- Successfully plan, manage and develop the Consumer Facing and Special Projects teams within given plan, guardrails, and budgets
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in the value chain, including Distributor, On-Premise, Brand, Field Marketing, and Finance teams
Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional planning and self-management skills
- Thorough knowledge of distribution, promotion and selling techniques
- Sales experience, including experience selling promotion and marketing programs
- MS Office Suite
- Previous distributor experience
- Experience working with Food and Beverage Directors necessary
- Experience in spirits industry preferred – Channel Management, On-Premise Experience, and People Leadership all considered
- Licensed driver of motor vehicles
- Ability for intermittent travel
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.