ob Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by This job contributes to Starbucks success by independently analyzing complex data and market industry information from multiple sources to develop strategic sourcing recommendations. Identifies unique sources for data and information. Conducts opportunity assessments, benchmarking, cost modeling and root cause analysis to develop sourcing recommendations. Collaborates effectively internally and with suppliers to gather data and develop analytical insights. Has the potential to strategically manage smaller spend commodities, $5-50Million, depending on market complexity.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Sourcing Strategy
- - Rapidly develop knowledge of key industry players, competitors and market dynamics that inform recommendations.
- - Independently integrate and analyze complex data and market industry information from multiple sources to develop strategic sourcing recommendations
- - Proficiently utilize unique and ingenious sources for data and insights
- - Conduct opportunity assessments, benchmarking, cost modeling and root cause analysis to develop sourcing recommendations.
- - Potentially manage smaller spend commodities.
- Supplier Engagement and Management:
- - Collaborate effectively with suppliers and potential suppliers to gather data, develop analytical insights, and sourcing recommendations
- - Develop supplier assessments, score cards and other analytics to enable the team to effectively manage supplier performance
- - Assist in developing negotiation strategies
- Cross-Functional Projects:
- - Assist in managing complex, cross-functional projects
- - Develop competency in program and project management tools and techniques.
- - Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Leadership and Teamwork:
- - Lead across peer groups and demonstrate leadership, including cross-functional manager and senior manager levels.
- - Operate within peer group and leadership infrastructure to ensure that top quality data and recommendations are developed
Summary of Experience
- analytical, planning, procurement, supply chain or other relevant experience (3 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Analytical: Advanced analytical skills
- - Procurement: Working knowledge of market analysis, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management â€˜should-costâ€™ models, and negotiations
- - Legal: Knowledge of critical procurement legal, contract,
- - Ethics: Knowledge of business ethics and Starbucks Ethical Sourcing Requirements
- - Influence: Ability to lead and influence peer groups on difficult complex strategy and negotiation recommendations
- - Communication: Exceptional communication both written and oral
- - Systems: Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, BI Apps, charting programs, PowerPoint, and others
- Annual Managed Expenses 50 million
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.