Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Clermont, KY or Chicago,IL
Senior Financial Analyst - Freight & Logistics
Role mission and job responsibilities
- The (Sr) Financial Analyst, freight & logistics reports to the Sr. Manager, FP & A North America, supporting all operational activities of freight & logistics for North America. Area of responsibility (AOR) include 3rd party storage warehouse, inbound & outbound bulk and case finished freight and packaging freight.
- Will provide financial leadership in the yearly RFP’s for ocean, over the road, warehousing and intra-KY freight
- Will perform various daily, weekly and monthly account analysis to identify risk and opportunities and drive process improvements.
- Support cross functional business partners
- Development of financial business models that align the strategic goals of the organization
- Standardize and implement best practices
- Improve the integration of the S&OP process, including the operations and commercial join up
- Support preparation of monthly business review presentations for the area of responsibility
- Month end close, account reconciliations, forecasting, general controls and other accounting activities as required
- Are the operational teams satisfied with the level of partnership and service levels they are receiving from the financial analyst?
- Are financial plans well documented and based on solid, accurate assumptions?
- Is the KPI and performance reporting accurate, timely and effective to drive the business?
- Do the finance team members have active development plans, and are they progressing – primarily through support and leadership of the Finance Business partner?
- Are the accounting activities and internal control processes in place and in adherence with corporate policies?
What is expected of (Sr) / Financial Analysts
- Prioritization of business partnership, collaboration with operational partners
- Provide reporting and insights to operational partners on performance results, loss and waste
- Participate in Lean methodologies and Continuous Improvement work to follow insights through to improved financial performance
- Proactive efforts to build analytical horsepower
- Continuous improvement mindset to make non value added work more efficient (or eliminate)
- Attention to detail and urgency
- Drive to learn and execute without significant outside intervention
This is a great opportunity because...
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Qualifications & Experience
Education - Finance, Accounting or equivalent degree
Certifications/Licensure – MBA or CPA preferred, not required
Years of experience – 5+ years work experience in Finance / Accounting
Level of experience - individual contributor or supervisor
Industry experience – Yes. Preferably within distillation and / or maturing inventory
Travel % 5 – 10%