Job Description Summary:
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for developing and securing strategic programs which promote wine and spirit brand into the marketplace, which supports critical business operations between RNDC/Youngs Market Co. and national and regional restaurants or the designated national chain account, in such a way as to meet and exceed the company’s objectives by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Plans the development of RNDC/YMCo markets and conducts sales calls on National and regional-level accounts. Guides the development of company products, pricing policies, and sales strategies, as necessary, to ensure market penetration, projected profits and growth in line with planned corporate objectives.
- Travels to assigned markets to monitor field activities and gain perspective of current market conditions. Plans, searches out, and develops sales contacts among potential national accounts. Attends trade shows, consults industry directories, and travel extensively in search of leads and developing customer leads.
- Establishes firm customer prospect rapport. Develops and maintains relationships within the marketplace.
- Executes all stages of a sales campaign. Makes telephone calls and initiates contacts. Meets with potential customer company representative(s) to explain in detail company products and each product’s potential profitability. Engages in difficult negotiations to develop new business and resolve more critical problem situations affecting the national accounts sales program(s). Acts as a liaison between customer and the company.
- Ensures that the necessary market research, planning, and analysis of customer products and market opportunities are accomplished.
- Recommends and implements advertising campaigns and performance incentive programs for National Accounts.
- Prepares annual National Accounts sales forecasts and ensures that sales goals are attained. Maintains appropriate files, completes periodic reports, and other required documentation.
- Manages business relationships and programs with local market On-Premise District, Area, and Division Managers at the state level for assigned national account customers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and execution of approved national campaigns that involves the Company products and brands. Work with state EVP and state VP Sales on national campaigns and goal attainment of sales.
Requirements: Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; eight or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five or more years previous sales experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier; manager of manager experience preferred.
- Requires a current, valid state driver's license
- Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state