Founded in 2013 by David & Michelle Dufenhorst, Rocky Pond grows exceptional grapes, produces distinguished award-winning wines and creates memorable experiences for our club members and guests through our tasting rooms in Woodinville and Lake Chelan.
Our next growth phase requires strategic leadership combined with hands on execution and a minimum of 20 years of ultra-premium, multichannel, wine marketing, sales management and operational expertise. In collaboration with Owner - David Dufenhorst, the President will chart the future course for the winery with emphasis on developing and implementing key sales and marketing strategies directed at growing revenues and profitability.
The PRESIDENT will report directly to the Owner – David Dufenhorst and will office at Rocky Pond’s administrative offices in Woodinville, Washington.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include working with the Owner and management team to create business strategy and plans, manage sales and marketing operations, drive essential product portfolio decisions in sync with market opportunity, lead the organization to achieve results, build organization competence and capability, create and nurture culture, monitor and measure performance and implement organizational change. The President will develop and implement key operational, sales and marketing strategies directed toward increasing profitability.
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key strategic imperatives of this position include:
• Complete strategic planning process and develop annual operating plans and budgets to achieve strategic goals and achieve sustainable competitive advantage.
• Drive financial performance, building sustainable profit and value: drive timely and profitable sales results across all sales channels.
• Build a multi-disciplined, multi-geography team; shape a strong culture that values high performance.
• Build and deliver direct to consumer sales programs focused on driving revenues through this channel and growing wine club list: curate a consistent, distinct and memorable brand experience across all consumer touchpoints, products & services.
• Define and resource wholesale/distribution sales and marketing plans: identify and advance strategic account/trade and distributor relationships.
• Review production operations and realign with long term needs of the wine brands.
• Review business operations, evaluate and measure operational efficiency and implement necessary changes; where appropriate to reduce cost structure.
• Cultivate long term relationships and loyal brand ambassadors with targeted customers and consumers; local wine community and partners.
EXPERIENCE. Candidates will be evaluated on their track record in increasingly responsible leadership positions, wine industry knowledge and experience, and familiarity with how all aspects of the business contribute to business success. Professional experience ideally includes:
1. Twenty (20+) years of winery or related experience and responsibility for managing a team of ten or more people. Appropriate backgrounds would include executive leadership with general management, sales, marketing and/or operations responsibility.
2. Verifiable success building and developing well-honed management teams and demonstrated ability to hire well.
3. Experience with privately held winery of size (5,000-15,000 cases), quality and complexity - with demonstrated ability to build a trusting relationship and gain the confidence of business owners. Additionally, prior experience with a larger winery is beneficial.
4. Successful track record developing and mentoring future company leadership succession, ideally within a family business.
5. Responsibility for executing short and long-term strategic and financial business plans with expertise working collaboratively with business owners. P&L responsibility with demonstrated operational savvy and strong bottom line orientation.
6. Track record of successfully growing luxury brands. Verifiable success in brand positioning with a demonstrated understanding of current competition, competitive climate and future market trends.
7. Broad experience and demonstrated results growing profitable, direct sales channels from 1,000 to 10,000 cases: building personal customer experiences driving higher order value; managing multiple tasting rooms, and diverse direct marketing strategies including digital; driving customer acquisition and retention; growing and retaining wine club membership from 500-2,000 members.
8. National or regional sales management track record, building sales from 5-7,000 cases: successful relationships with Washington and Northwest retail accounts and distributors in key markets with experience reviewing and realigning distribution when necessary.
9. Experience successfully leading an organization through major change.
10. Demonstrated ability to deal persuasively with key customers and vendors.
Rocky Pond is an equal opportunity employer.