The Plant General Manager is responsible for plant engineering, maintenance, processing, shipping, scheduling, quality, and bottling operations; oversees plant financial statements and capital expenditures. Develops company systems and processes; directs labor management relations and contract administration, and ensures that key priorities Customer Service, Quality, Safety, Continuous Improvement, Performance and Career Development are a focus for all employees.
• Ensure execution of sound safety programs, lead the creation of a safety culture, execute and evaluate policies and programs, support and actively participate on safety committee, promote quick identification and remedy of safety hazards.
• Lead and provide our customers with world-class service and support. Ensure attainment of customer service KPIs including on-time and accurate delivery, order fill rate, production schedule attainment, etc.
• Lead process improvements to deliver manufacturing cost savings thereby remaining a low cost provider and provide consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy and performance standards. Lead annual Capital Expenditure Program for the facility. Ensure projects are submitted, prioritized and executed on-time and within budget. Lead development of annual operating plan and ensure cost effectiveness by avoiding write-offs, controlling transportation costs, minimizing inventories and applying spending controls/discipline. Ensure that products are developed, produced and shipped on schedule, in full, and meet agreed upon quality standards.
• Lead and assist with projects pertaining to manufacturing operation improvements to increase capacities and efficiencies in order to support increasing production demands and meet assigned key performance indicators. Ensure identification and documentation of all processes related to the operation of the facility and drive continuous improvements to these processes. Monitor variances on a monthly basis and lead initiatives to achieve KPI target of $0 variances including direct labor, material and BOM, and overhead variances.
• Ensure that the facility meets all regulatory and environmental requirements. Proactively support the environmental needs of the facility through project management, maintenance, reporting, and spills management. Lead the effort to become more preventative in these areas.
• Lead the manufacturing operations in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Create team environment where employees are treated fairly, with respect and encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Create environment that supports productive employee relations. Encourage employee communications and feedback. Ensure communication with customers regarding planning, pack changes and quality related initiatives/issues. Provide feedback to our vendors/suppliers to ensure quality and timeliness of materials provided.
• Conduct PDS reviews with management direct reports to improve skills and performance of all employees. Train, evaluate, and develop managers. Create and develop a personal development plan to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance.
• Continually seek ways to improve manufacturing performance across the facility as measured by Key Performance Indicators. Lead efforts for efficient production by use of technology, an optimal SKU location plan, ensuring minimal out of stocks and changeover efficiencies. Lead annual Capital Expenditure Program for the facility ensuring that projects are submitted, prioritized and executed on time/budget. Lead organization's plant capacity expansion planning, forecasting (MRP/MPS), line loading planning and inventory accuracy efforts.
• 5-10 years of relevant experience
• Undergraduate Degree
• Strong interpersonal skills, a team focus, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
• Detail oriented- ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in consumer packaging environments, beverage product production, and/or direct distillery experience preferred
Job Type Full time
Job Area Operations and Production