AEBC is the recruiting company assisting the host company fill this position. Significant opportunity for the right individual. Growing, profitable, long established company. Entrepreneurial environment.
Applicant must be based in the Bay Area, CA. Interviewing right-away!
The Market Manager position is a street-level position and is responsible for delivering volume, distribution, merchandising, and pricing performance across geography. Responsibility covers all channels of business, in both On an Off-Premise. Inherent in this responsibility is managing wholesaler relationships as well as major customer relationships. The Area Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing sales programming and pricing as well as managing sales budgets, marketing programs, and wholesaler inventory in the pursuit of achieving both quantitative and qualitative KPIs.
- Reports to Regional Sales Manager
- Participates in the development and execution of annual sales plan for assigned geographic territory.
- Manage Company brand portfolio within assigned geography. Ensure proper management of depletions and inventory by SKU (prevent out of stocks and plan for future growth).
- Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel i.e. GMs, VPs, Account Executives, Merchandising VPs, Sales Managers, and Sales Reps.
- Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming in all markets.
- Support the lead Regional Sales Manager in the development and efficient management of all sales budgets
- Ensure the planning and execution of price structures and shelf prices in the market.
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs.
- Participate in the development of program-specific POS.
- Call on and activate Key Accounts in the market under the direction of the lead Regional Sales Managers.
- Implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product sampling, etc.
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus and ads are executed to standard.
- Travel when appropriate to observe business conditions and to call on key buyers, distributor personnel, and interact and work with Company sales personnel.
- Participate in Company and wholesaler planning and sales meetings.
- Ensure all Company SKUs are priced properly and within defined standards.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Prefer strong knowledge of how wholesalers operate and what triggers share of mind and quota rotation.
- Good knowledge of the art and science of wholesaler programming and pricing.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the Company brands.
- Strong key account negotiation skills
- Existing relationships with wholesaler management a plus.
- Ability to function effectively in an intimate, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished.
- Financially responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets.
- Computer literate with Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
All candidates MUST submit a resume and cover letter.