Pride Mountain Vineyards is a small, family-owned winery located atop the Mayacamas Mountains between the cities of St. Helena and Santa Rosa, CA. Known for producing highly acclaimed mountain-grown wines, we are also recognized for offering educational, unpretentious and memorable tasting experiences.
We believe in investing in our team members and offer a generous wage and benefit package, including fully paid health and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match and two weeks paid vacation. We focus on clear and honest communication and genuinely care for our guests and one another. The average length of employment among our current team members is 11 years.
The National Sales Manager position is exempt and full-time. Approximately 50% of the hours worked will be at the winery, with the remaining 50% spent on the road.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Accurately and enthusiastically convey our brand message to 32 distributor partners and to our local brokers and winery direct accounts
• Develop and maintain relationships with brand managers and key sales reps in each market
• Manage allocations and sales for three annual releases in each market
• Develop strategies and plans to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals
• Monitor product placement in each market to ensure that correct on-premise/off-premise ratio is maintained
• Monitor product pricing (for example, BTG) to ensure compliance with agreed-upon sales strategies
• Monitor sales performance of each market and offer appropriate support or remedial action
• Prepare appropriate forecasts and reports to CEO and CFO as required
• Prepare for and present three annual allocation meetings for supporting managers
• Develop annual travel plan to assist distributors/brokers with market work and sales
• Represent the winery at local and national events, trade tastings and wine dinners
• Host appropriate trade guests at the winery as schedule allows
• Monitor travel expenses and remain within budget
• Attend company safety training as required
Qualifications and Required Competencies
• College degree, with a higher degree in Business Management or Marketing, preferred
• Two or more years of sales experience, preferably with ultra-premium wine, and a demonstrated proficiency in sales and negotiation
• Ability to work well within a team and lead by example with honesty, integrity, and compassion
• Ability to think critically and synthesize and process complex and diverse data
• Ability to write professional, error-free business correspondence
• Ability to speak clearly, comfortably and professionally to individuals and large groups
• High degree of computer literacy: Excel, Word, Outlook, the internet, and social media
• Ability to see (including colors), hear, smell and touch
• Ability to walk (including up and down hills), stand and sit for extended periods, kneel, squat and bend from the waist
• Valid California Driver’s License, clean driving record and appropriate, reliable vehicle for making sales calls (mileage reimbursed)
To apply, kindly submit your cover letter and resume. No phone calls or drop-offs, please. Thank you!