SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a North Coast Brewing Company employee and a key member of the company leadership team, the National Key Accounts Director will participate in a high-performance culture that embraces our B Corp mission and emphasizes proactive engagement, attention to quality output, and goal attainment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work with VP of Sales, Marketing Director, and Sales Directors to build strategies for growing the North Coast Brewing Co. Key Account business;
- Develop, communicate, and execute strategic business plans with top key account customers;
- Respond and resolve in-market issues and concerns in a solution-oriented manner;
- Deliver fact-based presentations that incorporate actionable insights to retailers, distributors, and internal shareholders on market opportunities utilizing Nielsen/IRI/SPINS data.
- Benchmark retailer performance vs. competition with the ability to monetize the opportunity for the customer.
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts for retail programs sold in;
- Set and monitor sales targets for regional Key Account Managers;
- Communicate with, and inspire distributor KAM teams to execute company strategic business plans with Key Account customers;
- Liaise between customers and internal teams ensuring clients’ requirements are met;
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets;
- Collect, analyze, and communicate insights from sales data and trends;
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing departments to set and implement strategies for new products;
- Stay up to date with internal and external developments suggesting new ways to increase sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proven work experience as a National Account Manager;
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Syndicated Data, and VIP KARMA;
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting clients’ requirements;
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics;
- A deep understanding of the 3-tier system and it’s complexities;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong judgement, professional maturity, and responsible decision making
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and evaluate team members;
- Availability to travel as needed;
- Minimum of 7 years of business-to-business sales experience required.
- Previous experience in the beverage alcohol business required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing recommended.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, sit, use their hands and fingers, and manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with arms and hands; climb stairs or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Vision abilities for this job include close vision, medium, and far vision. Ability to organoleptically analyze beer preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee works often in hybrid and varied settings consisting of indoor/office environments and business locations with various clients. The noise level varies especially when commuting between locations. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions when commuting between locations.