Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
National Account Manager - Walgreens/Hyvee
What makes this a great opportunity?
Responsible for delivering annual NSV and DGP growth plan while driving profitable market share growth of Beam Suntory within accounts. Collaboratively work with state-level Key Account Managers and dedicated Category Managers, while aligning to Walgreens and Hyvee buying structures. The key will be to align our Strategy to the Customer’s Strategies while collaborating with Cat Man and Marketing to deliver the Growth Plans.
- There are two separate channels (grocery and Drug) under one NAM
- Hyvee is the largest Customer for the State of Iowa
- This is a great way to get into National Accounts and understand Centralized Buying and Regional Buying
- This position reports directly to the Senior Director of National Accounts HQ
Build a best in class relationship driving distribution, display, retail execution, price management and all possible value adds to increase share of mind within the Hyvee and Walgreens Teams. Make Beam Suntory their “Go To” supplier.
- Lead and develop annual business plan through coordination with the customers, team personnel and brand owners.
- Develop collaborative planning meetings with the customer to drive planning, engagement, and long-term alignment
- Align and engage with the Category Management team to help drive actionable insights and planning, delivering growth for the customer
- Create and execute team strategy to deliver:
- NSV and DGP Growth
- Shelf Distribution Growth (baseline sales)
- Share of Display Growth (incremental sales)
- Buyer share of mind
- Manage sales team in delivering:
- Sales Plans
- Execution of National and regional programs
- Annual KPI plans
- Cadence and clarity in communication to the field
- Buyer share of mind
- Plan, leverage, and maximize effectiveness of EG and BI Budgets
- Provide focused strategy and prioritization around brands and innovation, and the role of each within each account
- Develop National and Regional programming solutions with activation teams to sell in to each decentralized buying team
- Influence all stakeholders within Beam Suntory and wholesalers to ensure alignment and execution on our Albertsons-Safeway programming, commitments, and initiatives
- Conduct business reviews with each major market bi-annually to ensure alignment to and delivery of plans, as well as address any market specific issues
- Understand and build zero based budgets annually
- Develop and leverage multiple points of contact within customer beyond the buyers
- Lead business development and communication between Beam and customer
- Monthly calls with Regional buyers
- Own the 1:1 relationship with Boise based leadership team
- Industry leading execution of programming plans
- Weekly check-ins with local state & Distributor counterparts to ensure programming effectiveness & ROI
- Monitor rates and volumes versus the plan and address any issues
- Analyze and evaluate promotional effectiveness of sales and marketing programs
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in marketing, field sales, promotional marketing or regional marketing
- 3+ years of complex cross functional team experience
- Exceptional analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work Strategic Plans vs Tactical Plans
- Advanced PC skills especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- A thorough understanding of category management and its applications
- Strong people and organizational skills to lead the organization
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.