Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s leading wine companies. We know that it’s the thinkers, makers, and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognized as the world’s most admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality, and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, Stags’ Leap, Beaulieu Vineyards, and Beringer, to the broad appeal of Sterling Vineyards and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the Role
TWE seeks a National Account Manager to join our Commercial Management team. In this role, you will work directly with distributor partners, Strategic Accounts, Marketing teams, and sales personnel to establish strong portfolio presence at the Chain HQ level in order to maximize sales, distribution, and ensure effective execution of display and programming objectives for each account.
- Facilitate the development of the National and Local Chain Strategy. This includes:
- Development of local marketing plans that allocate resources to drive market share, distribution, and volume/profitability.
- Establish Trade Channel strategies and Distributor segmentation models.
- Coordinate the annual sales planning process, ensuring new programs are aligned with broader brand strategies and allocating resources against key business opportunities to deliver Region sales goals.
- Coordinate with TWE’s production facilities to manage information/inventory regarding products, packaging and promotional activities.
- Establish processes that plan, implement, evaluate and control trade/field marketing activities. This includes:
- Ensure that all activity adds value to TWE’s brand portfolio and meets key stakeholder and gatekeeper criteria.
- Ensure the Distributor Management teams have all the tools to implement the agreed Market strategy and establish clear measurement criteria for all significant spend.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with key areas of the business:
- Create strong relationships, and clear communication channels with Commercial Management teams.
- Work closely with the Consumer Insights and Sales Planning teams to understand how the field can help identify both brand and distribution opportunities.
- Work closely with TWE Revenue Management team regarding pricing strategy.
- Coordinate with Trade Education-Events team in the planning of event-based activities.
We are searching for a dynamic, business savvy professional with at least 5 years of successful experience in Sales and a passion for the wine industry. Ideally, you come from the CPG or adult beverage industry and have prior commercial experience managing retail chain accounts as well as distributor partners. Additional key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills. Proactive communication skills (written/oral/presentation) required as well as persuasive presentation skills and the ability to speak before large audiences.
- Proven negotiation skills; ability to problem-solve and effectively produce win-win solutions.
- Previous experience managing multi-tier brands and chain accounts.
- High level of creativity and ability to manage multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Excellent technical brand marketing skills along with a combination of strategic and execution skills.
- Ability to collaborate and influence, including the ability to achieve business and functional objectives by partnering with other functional areas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and desktop publishing programs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the designated territory.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
- Access to the world’s most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
- True flexibility in determining how, when, and where you work to achieve your potential
- Global opportunities across the US, Australia & New Zealand, Asia, UK/Europe
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we’re really good at doing this!)
- Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing, and career
- “TWEforME Day” –an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you!
- Competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick time, and holidays), 401K with company match, and much more!
We bring our whole selves, we’re courageous and we deliver together –that’s our DNA. We’re a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun, and keep things down-to-earth. We’re brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We’re definitely “glass half full” people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you’re ready to help us be the world’s most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.