Working for Pernod Ricard USA means creating great company every day. It means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and collaborating with passionate people on successful premium brands in an entrepreneurial way.
Our people are at the core of our success. Everyone adds a vital ingredient to our mix, bringing a personal touch and individual qualities that make Pernod Ricard even better. We work together with a shared commitment to our values:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit;
- Mutual trust;
- A strong sense of ethics; and
- A relentless commitment to growth.
Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration and encourages ongoing professional development and growth. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues. We never settle for “good enough” but stretch ourselves and our teams towards improvement and progress in all we do.
The purpose and accountabilities of this position are to drive PR USA Net Sales performance and execute brand priorities in assigned markets in both the on and off premise channels through programming and distributor resource deployment. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all key / brand KPIs are achieved.
- Owns Net Sales performance of assigned territory
- Ensures execution of effective "local-level" plan, including PRUSA strategic imperatives and local KPIs, in line with region priorities at the local / channel level
- Conducts analysis of market level data to assess performance and identify net sales and overall business growth opportunities
- Owns resolution/decision making of execution-related issues in local / channel with minimal support from Senior Market Manager
- Manages and drives agenda for distributor team in line with full year and monthly goals
- Owns relationships in priority key accounts (on/off) to implement PRUSA execution standards, e-commerce objectives (where relevant), and local / national programs
- Ensures execution of brand standards through rigorous communication and oversight of Independent Full Book Distributor Teams with clear communication and consistency
- Manages day-to-day channel planning and performance tracking
- Builds brands by identifying and overseeing targeted sell-through activities (implementing national programs, limited local promotions)
- Monitors retail pricing to ensure price strategy compliance and recommends further price programming to capitalize local market opportunities
- Monthly commentary on depletion performance and subject matter expert within Division coverage
- Owns relationship with Chicagoland Division Director (off), District Managers, Key Account Managers and Sales Reps at distributor (on/off)
- Manages and allocates local resources against market priorities and plans (with Senior Market Managers, Market Activation Managers and Finance Manager)
- Identifies, plans, and executes account sell-through activities (with CAT and distributor partners)
- Develops local initiatives and drives them by utilizing programs, sales tools, and communication (in conjunction with Senior Market Managers and Market Activation Managers)
- Creates specific programs in conjunction with cross functional teams
- Defining sales priorities and programs for channel / territory
- Allocating budgeted local resources
- Distributor DM / Sales rep activity & communication
- Distributor incentive execution
- Activation execution and budget in assigned territory
- Evaluation and appointment of distributor Full Book On/Off resources
- State-level budgets and forecasts
- Local pricing programs
- Stave level programs
- Education: Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Experience / Background: Position requires 5-7 years of previous sales management experience in a wine and spirit or consumer goods sales environment with proven success managing distributor relationships
- Experience in the IL market a big plus
- Flexibility required to work in the field regularly, including attendance at promotions in the evening
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.