The position of Finance Manager, New Brand Ventures is a critical role in the Pernod Ricard USA organization, in a team that is responsible for helping generate future growth stars for the business. This role must act as a Finance Business Partner with not only key brand unit teams, but also with the broader New Brand Ventures Sales teams on an as needed basis. In addition to traditional FP&A financial responsibilities, the key objective of this role is to develop and synthesize for the broader NBV team fact based commercial insights, that facilitate and influence strategic decision making, and in turn lead to an acceleration of emerging brands.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Own Brand Financials & Forecasts:
- Ownership of brands shipment and depletion P&L’s
- Preparation of annual budgets and ongoing forecasts for assigned brands
- Tracking and support management of brand Advertising & Promotion (A&P) budgets, in conjunction with brand & sales teams
- Support various standard financial reporting for the broader NBV group
- Interact regularly with key Sales Personnel and Field Finance to explain and/or better forecast brand performance
Monitor and Help Set Key Brand Commercial & Success KPI’s
- Regular analysis and reporting of brands current level of penetration, retention, and re-order patterns, in key/strategic channels, versus prior year and goals
- Usage of Commercial & Success KPI’s to help advise brand leaders and the NBV leadership team of a brands relative trajectory, health and momentum (in bi-annual strategic brand reviews)
- Long Range, iterative, commercial/financial modeling of key emerging brands, including liaison with multiple business stakeholders
- Preparation of ad-hoc analytics and business cases to support brand-related commercial decisions (e.g. price changes, product/range extensions, etc)
- Tracking of internal and external trends (including depletions, Nielsen, and NABCA data) in support of general brand performance reviews
Pricing and RGM Governance:
- Help set, monitor and govern brand pricing strategy with brand leadership and the RGM team
- Identify and implement revenue optimization opportunities
- Communication of new brand pricing guidelines to the broader spirits organization
Simplify processes & ways-of-working for the whole PR USA organization:
- Streamline of internal processes and systems
- Facilitate strategic alignment between Markets and HQ
- Ensure alignment to organization planning timelines and deliverables
Manage and help develop direct and indirect BP&A team:
- Manage one Analyst/Senior Analyst
- Participate in the recruitment and development of BP&A analysts from talent rotational program
- Ensure best practice sharing across the broader PRUSA finance community
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Assist leadership team in preparation of regular and ad hoc senior management/stakeholder presentations
Nature & Scope:
This position reports to the New Brand Ventures Finance Director. This position will interact directly with various NBV & Pernod Ricard USA Sales & Marketing leadership, Partnership Brand Leadership, Divisional Finance Directors, RGM and Pernod Ricard brand companies to develop & implement commercial plans and report & analyze actual results.
Key Skillset Required:
- Highly analytical, with ability to use the power of facts to bring insight make clear finance recommendations and commercial decisions;
- Ability to confidently interact with non-finance departments, understanding their key requirements and tailoring financial data to satisfy these requirements;
- Strong influencing skills, proactive in challenging and influencing the business based on insight, knowledge and fact;
- Ability to understand market dynamics and be able to clearly articulate strategic priorities for the business from both a finance & commercial perspective;
- Ability to work under pressure and capable of managing numerous work streams simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels;
- Strong accounting & reporting skills;
- Thorough approach with high level of accuracy;
- Personable, with ability to autonomously interact across the organization delivering a high level of customer service;
- Highly motivated;
- Accountable and takes responsibility for own outputs;
- Openness to growth and change combined with good relationship building and communication skills.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; MBA preferred
Experience / Background:
Minimum 4-6 years in a financial planning & analysis or commercially focused business analytics role with demonstratable career progression. Should have a high level of comfort with planning, budgeting & forecasting, navigating & managing a financial P&L, managing many stakeholders and delivering insight-driven commercial analysis. Industry experience preferable but not essential.
Position is NYC office-based with some limited travel.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms.