Job Description Summary:
Director of Sales will establish strategic sales initiatives to achieve corporate and supplier objectives for assigned market /customer and channel.
- Plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives.
- Develop monthly programs and promotional activity, while adhering to forecast data.
- Establish for assigned personnel specific, measurable and achievable objectives compatible with company and supplier priorities.
- Know and analyze supplier brands, company sales organization, the assigned market place trends, competitive wholesalers and assigned supervisory areas.
- Identify on an ongoing basis distribution gaps and develop a strategy to overcome issues.
- Utilize available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
- Direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market /customer and channel.
- Train all personnel in accordance with the programs and procedures of the company’s training system.
- Work with assigned personnel to establish sales programs and strategies.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all assigned personnel.
- Conduct meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures to assigned personnel.
- Ensure that assigned personnel adhere to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sales of alcoholic beverage products.
- Organize the structure and utilization of all assigned supervisory areas to ensure achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Attract, develop and thus retain sales and management teams.
- Organize assigned personnel schedules to concentrate on in-field activities.
- Ensure that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
- Provide specific and current information on supplier, market, sales and merchandising results and/or problems.
- Formulate recommendations that will strengthen the sales and merchandising results for supplier brands.
- Submit required reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
- Maintain reliable, up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.
- Impart knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with suppliers and customers, including providing them with requested business reviews and information.
- Communicate all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
- This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and Senior Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited four year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of management experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position will require the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position will further require the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. This position will also require the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions or groups of managers, customers, and employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will require the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. This position will also require the ability to supply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will require the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position will require the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of successful sales and management skills.
- Ability to work with management, direct reports, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- The ability to train and develop assigned personnel.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Sales Function: Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Enjoy a career with us!