About Us: HALL Wines is a family-owned company that operates three winery brands, HALL Wines, BACA Wines, and WALT Wines, hotels, and residential and commercial properties. HALL Group engages in real estate development, operations and management; real estate financial lending; and angel investing.
We are seeking a Director of People Development to manage and coordinate the human resources operations for our businesses. Because we are family-owned, we can move quickly to take advantage of opportunities. We can also maintain our personal commitment to being responsible citizens and business people. We support the communities where we operate and we incent our employees to be active participants in local charitable organizations of their choosing. We are committed to ethical business practices and to an uncompromised excellence at every level of our operations.
Short Summary of Job Description:
This position will manage our human resources operations for California employees, employee benefits for employees in all operations, and one payroll coordinator in Napa Valley. The position will also work heavily with the Human Resources Manager and legal team in Dallas.
• Enhance, implement, and enforce fair and thoughtful human resources policies and procedures that look out for the best interests of all employees.
• Review and where needed improve materials and procedures for:
A. Employee Hiring
B. Employee Training
C. Employee Compensation and Benefits
D. Performance Reviews by Supervisors
E. Employee Termination
• A working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local Labor laws to keep the business compliant with relevant issues surrounding employment
• Lead all aspects of benefits administration including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, life/disability and 401(k)
• Manage open enrollment, life-event changes and 401(k); assist employees with benefits
• Coordinate meetings with the Benefit and 401(k) Committees, assist with the annual 401(k) audit and filing of Form 5500
• Process FMLA requests, unemployment claims, workers compensation renewal, claims and related benefit claims
• Conduct ongoing reviews of the existing human resources manual to identify areas that need change to ensure our manual and the policies we implement follow best practices and continue to meet our needs
• Assist in the development and implementation of Job Training programs
• Continually assess the competitiveness of all human resources programs and practices against appropriate comparable companies, industries, and markets
• Advise management on long-term strategy and growth of human resources programs keeping the company on the leading edge of human resources practices
• Work with other managers and directors to create and implement a diversity and inclusion strategy
• Respond to individual complaints and concerns with integrity and thoughtfulness
• Other responsibilities as required by the needs of the company
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or High School with 5 of more years of related experience preferred.
• 5+ years of people operations or human resources experience
• 3+ years of managerial experience
• Strong work ethic
• Desire to work in a rapidly changing and creative environment
• Ability to travel periodically to the Dallas office
• High EQ/interpersonal skills to build trust with teammates from all parts of the company
• Demonstrated leadership skills creating and communicating vision and motivating a team to common goals
• Utmost integrity at all times
• Technical skill ability to understand the latest developments in human resources technology
Spanish speaking ability
Compensation and benefits:
Salary dependent on experience with potential for bonus
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
HALL Group is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, if you enjoy working in an environment that prizes creativity, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Natalie Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is the human resources function important within a business?
Why do you think you might like to work for HALL?