We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Director of Infrastructure and Architecture in Boston, MA.
The IT Director, Infrastructure Architecture reports to the VP of IT and is responsible for ensuring the technologies, systems and architecture developed are consistent across all the Boston Beer Company and are in line with enterprise technology standards and best practices.
• This span of responsibility covers all of Boston Beer Company consisting of corporate HQ in Boston, breweries in PA, OH, MA and DE, microbreweries in NY, Miami and LA, Angry Orchard cidery in upstate NY and 500+ sales team deployed throughout the US.
• The IT Director is responsible for defining and managing enterprise standards for hosting, cloud, networking, integration, collaboration, end user computing, network security, mobility and brewery IT operations.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of an IT infrastructure and cloud strategy designed to meet the current and future needs of the organization; integrating innovative solutions to control costs and provide a strategic advantage for the organization
• Establishment, monitoring, and reporting of Service Level Targets / Key Performance Indicators (SLTs/KPIs) in the service of Boston Beer business functions and support of the business strategy.
• Develop and control the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT Infrastructure and Architecture to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives and is within the overall IT budget.
• As a member of the IT leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the Boston Beer Company IT strategy and ensures its alignment with the business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
What You'll Do:
• Provides oversight for IT infrastructure and architecture initiatives through creative, cost-effective technology solutions that support and meet the business objectives of the organization.
• Ensure alignment between corporate and IT needs and objectives while focusing on best practices, awareness of emerging trends and striving towards innovative solutions that create a competitive advantage for the Boston Beer Company.
• Creation and implementation of an IT infrastructure and cloud strategy designed to meet the current and future needs of the organization; integrating innovative solutions to control costs and provide a strategic advantage for the organization. Current environment includes SAP ERP (plans for SAP upgrade to S/4 Hana), Office 365, Oracle Fusion HCM, Power BI, SalesTools (in house developed CRM), Wonderware and Anaplan among other applications.
• Works with business and IT functional teams to ensure change management coordination of IT changes, without materially impacting business operations.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with business and IT partners ensuring area of the responsibility is prepared to meet the demanding needs of the organization, current and future.
• Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT technology and services to meet those needs and responds with agility to changing business priorities.
• Ensure that all IT services and technology (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with Boston Beer Company policies and applicable standards, legislation, and regulations (e.g. TTB, Sarbanes-Oxley, GDPR, HIPAA etc.)
• Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration of both with the existing IT operations environment.
• Maintains currency on new architecture, technologies and service management practices and provides direction on what emerging IT technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within Boston Beer Company’s environment.
• Supports the IT sourcing strategy and provides oversight for vendor and strategic IT business partner relationship management.
• Create and maintain an infrastructure plan to ensure all related assets are fully tracked, supported, maintained, updated and associated activity managed to ensure maximum stability and availability.
• Works closely with Boston Beer Company’s HR team to execute an IT "people strategy" that defines appropriate performance metrics and aligns with the business and IT strategy. Continually looks for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the IT team.
• Works with the IT leadership team to plan future skill needs to acquire and develop the appropriate mix in house technical skills and competencies. Works toward a balance between growing the agility required to achieve technology objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
• Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT infrastructure and architecture teams.
• Works and collaborates with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and contacts to foster a business-oriented culture to directly contribute to BBC’s goals and objectives.
• Lead technology products evaluation processes and Architecture Review Board governance for project solutions.
• Ensure IT security and compliance requirements are embedded in IT architecture standards, working with Security and Compliance group.
• Advocate for technology improvements that will deliver flexible platforms
What We're Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience
• Experience of broad range of technologies and architecture commensurate with the needs of a progressive medium sized CPG company in the beverage sector. Manufacturing experience also preferred, as Boston Beer Company has three large breweries (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware) and works with several outsourced 3PL and manufacturing partners.
• Required to support entire BBC organization currently including vendor managed hosting of SAP, server/storage, backup/restore, disaster recovery, phone systems, AV equipment, print/scan services, cloud hosting, VM, Office365, helpdesk, Cyber-Security, HMI at manufacturing facilities etc.
• Business transformation and change management awareness
• Able to manage and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Rigorous budget management in accordance with annual IT budgets
• Ability to manage multiple projects, support activities and tasks simultaneously
• Review and negotiate hardware acquisition and maintenance contracts; and pursue master schedule agreements to capitalize on economies of scale
• Ability to lead a fast-paced IT team of both full time and contract staff
• Must be a self-driven, motivated senior IT leader with strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent communication, and good customer and executive presence.
• Ability to interact with internal and external business users to gather and prioritize business requirements, oversee the design of solutions that adhere to architectural standards and direction to solve business requirements, and provide guidance to project and support organizations.
• Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
• Adheres to and exhibits our core values
• Business ethics, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
• Outstanding achievement - continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality
• Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Boston Beer data at all times
• Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service.
• A minimum of 10 years of Information Technology experience, and 6 years of management experience
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
Primary Location: Boston Office
Actual Location: Boston, MA
Work Locations: Boston Office One Design Center Place Suite 850 Boston 02210
Job: Information Technology
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard