About the Company:
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s largest wine companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX.TWE). The Company has a rich heritage and a portfolio of some of the most recognized and awarded wine brands in the world, including Penfolds, Stags’ Leap, Beaulieu Vineyard, Beringer, 19 Crimes, Matua, Chateau St Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Cavaliere D’Oro and Etude. TWE is focused on portfolio premiumization and brand-led marketing, with world-class production facilities in internationally recognized wine regions. The Americas head offices are situated in Oakland and Napa California. Our production and winery facilities are located in the iconic wine growing regions of Napa Valley, Sonoma County and the Central Coast. The Company sources grapes for our extensive US wine portfolio from a mix of owned, leased and grower vineyards through California, with wine production facilities also in California. Employing approximately 3,400 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, marketing, distribution and support staff across the globe, TWE’s wine is sold in more than 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Treasury Wine Estates at www.tweglobal.com.
This position is responsible for directing consolidated reporting, budgeting, forecasting, tax, and accounting controls for the Americas Region and meet Group reporting requirements. This leader must balance streamlining and optimizing process while maintaining a strong control environment. This is a high impact role that requires strong process discipline, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Lead the team managing financial reporting, accounting, and compliance for the Americas region.
- Responsible for directing all aspects of management reporting, budgeting & forecasting to support the Americas Leadership Team and meet Group reporting requirements, identifying opportunities to maximize performance and mitigating potential issues.
- Oversee a strong control framework and support cyclical audit engagements.
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage individuals and team to ensure top performance while finding efficient and effective solutions that create overall organizational value.
- The role is responsible for managing most aspects of the month end close procedures including maintenance of a sound control environment, producing accurate financial data, provision of (US GAAP) IFRS technical advice to the business. This includes reviews and guidance to team on the regional P&L and balance sheet together with regional accounting policies and ensuring that those policies enable the region to optimise accounting treatments available under that framework.
- Management and continuous improvement of key planning processes (Strategic Planning, Annual Budgeting, and rolling forecasts).
- Ensure plans are assumption based and proposals are backed up with quality analysis and the relevant review processes are embedded in the organisation.
- Accurate and timely financial reports, including analysis and insights/recommendations for monthly financial reviews. Reconciliation of actuals to budget/forecast and writing business driver commentary.
- Review actuals vs budget variances with key business owners, working with the teams to mitigate potential issues, and developing a forecast for the balance of the year.
- Recommended changes relating to overall business improvements. Strong ability to drive change throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related required
- 10+ years of business / financial analysis including professional experience in leadership, FP&A, sales analysis, finance, accounting, or equivalent required
- Graduate education (e.g. CPA, MBA) preferred
- Good understanding of financial statements (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Excellent organization skills, ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities without supervision is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. The ability to succinctly and accurately present complex data and financial concepts to senior management in a way that can influence decisions is essential
- Professionally perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines