What You’ll Do
We seek an entrepreneurial and strategic operator with a proven track record of designing and scaling products that make markets.
You will build & lead a team whose mission is to unlock “Pernod Ricard as a platform” and drive meaningful business results by defining and architecting new digital routes to consumer and customer. You will be a key member of the eCommerce Leadership Team and will work in close partnership with our corporate venture arm, Convivialitie Ventures. You will be successful if you are able to fluidly pivot between strategy and execution and are equally effective at scaling existing and designing new businesses and products. Up to ~20% US travel (pending global pandemic outlook)
• Existing Channels: Scale PRUSA’s brand.com DTC businesses. Additional information available upon engagement with the recruiting team
o Design the team, capabilities, and roadmap needed to achieve commercial and strategic business objectives. Work in close
partnership with eCommerce Product, Growth Marketing, IT, and relevant brand/founder teams to execute
o Lead your team to run all aspects of the online business, e.g., Site, merchandising, acquisition & retention, through customer service
o Grow PRUSA’s footprint in wines & champagnes online DTC and related brand.com businesses
• New Channels: Define a set of scalable Emerging Channels through which PRUSA can maximize digital sales growth and strategic consumer
data capture. Additional information available upon engagement with the recruiting team. Lead and mentor your team to
o Ideate, diligence, and design digital solutions within priority spaces and determine optimal path of entry: Buy, build, or partner
o Lead your team to design a cross-functional team of M&A/VC analysts, designers, and engineers to bring solution to life
o Serve as ‘GMs’ of the product/channel, holding accountability for key metrics as well as business growth goals
• Build, grow & retain 5+ team members spanning DTC Merchandising & Operations, BizOps/BizDev, and Product
• Mentor your team to build and retain an external team of UX/UI designers, engineers, and VC analysts
• Serve as a strategic thought partner to PRUSA leadership
• Serve as a highly visible internal evangelist to the marketing, sales, and transformation organization
• Shape the team culture and embed fit-for-purpose start-up best practices within the eCommerce BU
• Foster a data-first, consumer-centric mindset with the eCommerce BU
• Lead 1+ org and/or culture building initiative for the BU
What You Bring
Capabilities & Orientations
• A team-first mentality – We will go farthest when we go together
• Natural Intellectual curiosity – Proactive self-learning is a must
• Comfort with ambiguity & ability to nimbly pivot – Choices today may become obsolete tomorrow as the landscape shifts. The ability to not
just adapt but thrive in such an environment is critical
• Analytical and structured thinker – Ritual of using data and metrics to design experiments, test hypotheses, and measure success
• Passionate about design and creative problem solving – Proven experience developing innovative & delightful user experiences
• Flexitarian – Demonstrated effectiveness and tenacity in working with fast moving partners as well as large less, nimble partners
• Excellent communication – Storytelling is your craft
• Strong eCommerce business acumen – Fluency across sales/basket, media/performance, operations, and promotions data
• Deep entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset – Initiative-taking and a bit of hustle are a core part of our DNA!
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s Degree – all welcome
• 10+ years of experience, with 5+ years of team leadership
• Required: Proven experience scaling consumer facing businesses, preferably DTC start-ups in the CPG or retail space
• Preferred: Product; MarTech; Biz Ops; VC; Management Consulting
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms.